Project Winter v1.1.10617 - Spooktober Madness!
NEW FEATURES & GENERAL CHANGES:
“Spooktober” Event Starts Now!
A horrifyingly awesome new progression tree and a new event crate with spoopy items are now available for all you social skeletons to unlock and purchase! Please remember that this is a limited time event. Once the event is over, you’ll be able to purchase and keep any unlocked progression items, but will not be able to make progress in locked items. The crate will also be buried alive, never to be seen again!
Get Into the Spirit!
Halloween decorations adorn the cabin! Feel that dreadful cheer when playing modes like classic, role based, and the…
New Custom Game Mode!
The scary fun is now customizable! You can choose a new game setting when creating a lobby. Select the “Gears” icon to choose from different options to change the mechanics of your game.
New options are:
- Game Length: choose between 30, 60 and 180 minutes before the mega blizzard kicks in.
- Minutes Between Events: set a range between 3 and 20 minutes for the time between global events.
- Player Roles: turn player’s roles ON or OFF.
- Traitor Red Radios: turn red radios ON or OFF in game (See ‘General Changes’ for more info on Red Radios)
- Survivor and Traitor Health: choose between a range of 1% and 500% starting health for both traitors and survivors.
- Animal Health: choose between a range of 1% and 300% for the starting health of all wildlife.
- Min / Max Traitors: set the number of traitors between a range of 1 to 3. Please note that the max setting will always mirror the min setting by default. Max setting can only be set to the highest min setting.
Traitors will now begin the game with red radios. These radios cannot be obtained by any other means, giving the traitors private communication. These radios will be destroyed when the player who is carrying it dies so traitors cannot be confirmed by finding the red radio on their corpse.
Aim for Success!
We have a new crosshairs animation for all ranged weapons! Once a shot is properly aimed and held, the targeting reticule will shrink into a bullseye to indicate an optimal shot.
- Paranormal Physics Phun: Explosions ragdoll blown up players… enough said! While in ragdoll state, players will not receive damage.
- Gravedigger’s Storage increased: The storage capacity of the community chest inside the cabin has been expanded.
- Role Changes: The medic no longer receives a recipe buff on medkits and the saboteur role has been retired ahead of further updates to the player roles.
- Smoke Out: The time it takes to deploy a smoke grenade using LMB has been reduced.
- Added a new toggle in the general settings screen to control whether contextual options will respond to the cursor or not (ie. hovering to select and clicking to perform the action)
- Contextual actions are now swapped with up and down on the d-pad when using a controller rather than the right analog stick
- Player corpses can now be trapped
- Slightly fewer bunkers will spawn near the cabin
- Updated to latest version of Vivox SDK
- Fixed case where the player’s aiming could break if falling off a ledge while playing reloading a ranged weapon
- Scrolling the mouse wheel on the roles clipboard UI to go through the list will no longer scroll through your inventory as well
- Fixed issue where the surprise bunkers were not always loading correctly
- Fixed screen flash when quitting from escape menu while in-game
- Fixed cursor disappearing on the main menu if it wasn’t moved for several seconds
- Fixed herb bushes not contributing points to the resources gathered category
- Fixed ordering of contextual options so that traps (poison, booby trap) will always be listed last
- Fixed case where location indicators would display incorrectly if multiple indicators were present on screen at the same time
- Fixed bear traps not playing a sound effect when placed
- Fixed case where taking a traitor hatch could cause the player to get stuck in level geometry at the other end
- Fixed being able to break movement lock while playing an emote by dropping an item
- Fixed equipped item becoming invisible when taking a traitor hatch until it is selected again
- Fixed the explosion from a disarmed booby trap not spawning in the correct location
- Fixed Traitor’s Bluff bridge being sabotagable only for the host player
- Fixed players being able to get stuck behind console near spherical bunkers
- Fixed case where lobby browser could display “Lobby” as the status for an ongoing game
- Fixed several clipping and placement issues with resource nodes on the maps
- Fixed wolves being able to walk on the mining bridge
- Fixed several issues with clipping for cosmetic items
- Disabled collision for animals once they die to prevent cases where the player could become trapped in a bunker or other location