Advanced Game Options are finally here! Many of these options were directly requested by the community. Don't be afraid to speak up if there's something you would like to see in Pirate Code. We also had a number of serious bug fixes since the last major update of Pirate Code as well as a few minor tweaks and adjustments.
The game options now have three sections: Game Play, Video, and Audio. Let's work through what's available with the update.
- Dialog Text Speed Tired of waiting for the talking heads to finish? Increase the dialog speed! Or slow it down if you want. Remember, you can always skip the entire dialog by holding return.
- Auto Focus If selected the camera in battles will center on a ship when you select it. Handy if you don't like scrolling and like to use the tab key to select the next ship.
- Auto End Turn Why do you have to push the end turn button when you have no more moves anyway?
- End Turn Warning Do you sometimes forget to move one of your ships? This warning will stop you from ending the turn too soon on accident.
- Movement and Action Speed If you like to speed through battles you can choose to have the ships move faster (at triple speed actually) or just instantly arrive. Most ship animations like firing the cannons will also happen faster or instantly.
- Auto Save One of the most requested features, this causes the game to save automagically at islands.
- Resolution, Full Screen, and Vsync Pirate Code now remembers your window and full screen resolutions separately. You can also see a full list of possible resolutions. You can still resize the window to any size and change between full screen and window mode with alt + enter.
- Water Tile Graphics Those beautiful waves in the battle screen are made of multiple layers of 2D images. Although they look nice, sometimes they slow things down on slower machines. Now you can choose to degrade the graphics a little to improve your frame rate. For those who need this, please post if this helps on the forums.
- Music and Sound The normal sound options for music and sound effects. Turn them on and off or adjust their volume.
One more thing. The config file is now saved in plain xml so that you can edit these values directly outside of the game. It's hard to find (app data folder), but it might help someone who runs into trouble. You could also delete the file and it will regenerate with default values.
- Black Screen o' Death fixed! This was a bad one that was affecting anyone with the latest version of Window 10 (1903) with only one monitor. The cause was bad gamma correction due to an updated device driver. This was released as a hot fix.
- Level 0 bug fixed! Actions at level 0 were briefly usable by the player and the computer. This was released as a hot fix.
- Fixed a minor bug where the ship direction would not reset if you exited to the title screen and reloaded.
- Fixed a bug where if you choose not to pay something in a mission it could prevent you from choosing to pay it later.
- Fixed a bug where you could cause a black screen by exiting to the title screen during a fishing challenge.
- Fixed a bug where using multiple scrolls on an action would fail to increase the exp on the action.
- Many typos where fixed. Again.
And that about wraps up this update. If you play on the Mac, your update is still a few days out.
Now go load yer cannons, lad!