Combat Training Buildings
- Added new barracks and archery range buildings (models will be improved).
- Archery ranges need to be supplied with arrows to function.
- Colonists will automatically train when their squad has a barracks or archery range assigned to them.
- Improvements to cave generation. More variety in cave sizes and types with larger caverns forming.
- Greatly increased amount of cave flora and fauna. Be careful while spelunking!
- Fixed bug with revealing large hidden caves.
- Visual improvements to interface for placing wall and dig orders.
- Fixed bug causing caves to end abruptly. Should improve prospecting as well.
- First step of mid/end game content. Certain advanced research now require "research artifacts" before they can be researched.
- These artifacts can be found on the map guarded by creatures both above and under ground. They can also be traded for.
- Still the early stages of content for the late game. There will be many more ways to find such artifacts and build up to the end game in future updates.
Terrain Texture Modding
- Added support for easy modding of terrain textures. See the example texture mod for more on what to do.
- Also as a reminder, modding is supported by Embark, with some coding knowledge any mod is possible!
Squad Uniform Improvements
- Improved squad uniforms.
- Food/drink rations in uniforms should work now.
- Colonists will only pick one weapon if multiple melee weapons are in the uniform.
- Colonists should also automatically drink and eat from their inventory while their squad is alerted and they are stationed.
- Uniform assignment to squad is now saved for each squad.
- Windows can be used as a glass roof. Plants underneath still receive sunlight.
- Improved windows to be more transparent.
- Improved building information interface. Can now set priority and restrict material quality for both upgrading of buildings and buildings which require delivery (like fireplaces and furnaces).
- You can now restrict items used for construction by both minimum and maximum quality.
- Fixed some lighting issues with transition between above ground and underground lighting.
- Fixed terrain rendering issue which was causing holes in terrain.
- Fixes to item and corpse carrying visuals.
- Fixed bug preventing colonists without bags from carrying large items (like corpses).
- Fix for "item grid" crash.
- Fix for crash when trading books.
- Stopped colonists from stopping and talking while on minecarts.
- Fixed major bug with AI factions getting stuck, causing them to use up tons of CPU time.
- Other fixes to combat/faction AI in general
This patch should mark the end of version 0.6 (after the usual bugs are squashed). Only 4 months late, shocked pikachu. The next priorities are to improve the art, we have had a new artist just join us who will be working hard on that. This will also mean new creatures and plants to look forward to. The interface is also a priority, a common feedback is that the game is still very confusing for new players. Finally I'm looking forward to fleshing out the current systems in the game further. I'll be updating the Roadmap here shortly.