Why would anyone want to steal the Cartwright Gold?
This update integrates the new location, Cartwright Shrine, to the game world along with all four contest winners. Congratulations once more to Pino, Zebogo, The Fiery One, and Petalwing!
Another major change in this version is a bug fix to seeing just the black screen at startup. If you were one of the players impacted by this, please make sure to download this update.
The bug surfaced if your user account didn't have a permission to write to the folder where the game was installed. The game couldn't create the files it needed, and failed to boot properly. Hardland now plays nicely with Windows permissions by writing to folders where you are guaranteed to always be able to write, but it also means your save games will no longer be located inside the game folder. They will be residing under a special folder called AppData.
The easiest way to reach this folder is by using the Run-command in Windows, pointing it to %appdata%/Hardland, or pasting %appdata%/Hardland into the address bar in File Explorer. The game will migrate any old save games to this new location automatically at start-up.
Detailed Patch Notes
- Integrated the Cartwright Shrine with the contest winners to the map. (the scene turned out slightly more ambitious than originally planned...)
- More location labels on the map: Elven Court, Tour Guide, Fortuna Road, Boar Woods, Sultan's Camp, Toby's House, Beholder Road, Larry's House and Elena's Peace. (the last one is a small Quest for Glory tribute)
- Steeper walls around Root Hall to [spoiler]prevent access without going through the imps.[/spoiler]
- Boosted the item counts for Patissier, Greengrocer and Fishmonger: https://i.imgur.com/cSDHBSc.png
- To make things clearer, healing altars now say "Activate" instead of "Heal", and the healing altar dreams you get say "You can enter the roots" instead of "All your wounds are well".
- Several unique items in player inventory were not tagged as unique, and wouldn't go to the Death Dealer, if misplaced.
- A new area, Boar Woods, next to Root Hall.
- Set dressing for Adventurers Guild.
- Set dressing for Old Path.
- Set dressing for Capra's Windmill.
- The entrances to houses near the Lonely Glen spawn exactly at the ground level now. Some additional set dressing for that location.
- Area definition for the shrine and two hostile areas behind Adventurers' Guild. Added music for them.
- Deeper text dreams set a flag when they are seen. [spoiler](The functionality is used for one of the achievements)[/spoiler]
- Fixed a bug where the save game location was not displayed as accurately as possible when reading the listing that shows the saves.
- Fixed the double heads on the skeleton archers.
- Fixed floating trees and crevices on the tree tops in Old Path.
- Fixed the cart 3d model that was intersecting with Joukahainen.
- Fixed 3d mesh gaps in the Beholder Road tower.
- Fixed small gaps in Windmill walls.
5 new achievements.
[spoiler]- Bone Hand at Adventurers' Guild can be grabbed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]- You could kick the Mangled infantry and commander to death in the dream.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]- Bumped up the Major Cake quest reward.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]- Fixed a bug where teleporting from the Snow Peak boiler room to the Altar Malpris in the Adventurers' Guild, and exiting the building would try to take you back to the boiler room.[/spoiler]
Enjoy the update,