Beta 3.7 includes updates and improvements for monster AI, specifically while monsters are in combat.
- Monsters will now always attack when they make an attack noise. This fixes a bug where you'd hear the monster attack noise, but it doesn't attack right away, instead waiting a couple of seconds, causing you to mistime your block.
- Fixed a few issues that caused monsters to stop strafing.
- Monsters who are strafing and then decide to attack will go into their idle animation for a quick moment before beginning their attack. This gives you a quick visual queue that they are about to take a swing at you!
- Monsters who are hit and playing their "got hit" animation, don't do this pause as this is a counter-attack. I might add the idle pause to this though if it's confusing.
Overall these changes should help monsters in combat act in ways that you have time to react to. If after getting this update you have any additional feedback on monsters feel free to let me know!
Barring additional feedback, this wraps up my work on improving controls and combat. Now back to the Halloween content!
-Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna
- My Twitter: https://twitter.com/SuperSixStudios
- Discord Channel: discord.gg/8326Jef