Beta 3.6 includes a fairly large update to the way controls are detected in HammerHelm. The new system works the same as the current game (meaning the actual inputs are the same) but is more efficient and less error prone.
- Fixed the stuck keys bug!*
- Your character will no longer get stuck in the basic attack animation when clicking to close a UI.
- Clicking attack while your character is rolling will no longer cause your character to continue drifting in the direction of the roll.
- Other refinements and changes to help combat feel smoother.
- Also fixed a bug that caused Blood Stone Weapons to disappear.
In addition to the above, I'm also going to be working on a few other things related to controls and combat.
- Monsters sometimes make their attack sound but don't actually attack until later. This makes timing blocking difficult, so I'm going to be looking into fixing that.
- Add the town manager key to the keybinds menu.
- Add the hotkeys (the potion bar) to the keybinds menu.
Once all of that is complete, I'll be back on the Halloween content. Then controller support and localization support after that in addition to some new quests and some other things I've been meaning to get to.
*A huge thank you to everyone who sent logs and helped me find the cause of the stuck keys bug. This one was really tricky and I know it was also really annoying and took me longer to fix than I would have liked. Using your logs I was able to reproduce the cause and fix it. So I very much appreciate everyone sticking with me while I searched for the cause!
Note, I am going to leave the logging that I put in to track this down in for a while just in case. So if you do encounter a problem with keys like ESC, the town manager, or the build menu not working, please let me know.
And last but not least, a quick sneak peek at one of the new hair styles coming soon!
The white arrows on her braid are bones, meaning this part of her hair will animate like the current hairs move. They won't be visible in the actual in game model.
There are four new styles in total. Two unique to female characters and two shared by both male and female. These will likely be early access rewards, but more on that in a future update. :)
-Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna
- My Twitter: https://twitter.com/SuperSixStudios
- Discord Channel: discord.gg/8326Jef