Wow! Another big update is here! This is the last update before the rewrite beta becomes free to play. I'll be testing stability and uploading smaller updates to fix things, so please be patient, thank you.
This change log is big, but I'll try to summarize everything for you!
New weapon: Muleslapper
The ancient and legendary Muleslapper 6000 has returned! This weapon has been in Boring Man since nearly the beginning!
The Muleslapper has mostly stayed the same, but has fancy new effects and blinking lights! It also feels much more satisfying to fire.
It can deal big damage and is immune to gravity. The alt-fire sprays a bunch of projectiles at once at the cost of 5 ammo, good for chasing down weak enemies.
New weapons: Railgun
Possibly overpowered?! The Railgun is here!
The Railgun has been converted into a hitscan projectile weapon. The hitscan shot also has infinite range, similar to the old Railgun.
It can also penetrate through multiple enemies, doing 40 damage to each. But it's slow to fire.
New weapon: Lever Action
Wild wild west! The Lever Action is back and it's better then ever!
The Lever Action now has a hitscan projectile, like the Railgun, but with limited range and a little bit of random inaccuracy. It fires at the same speed and deals just about the same damage as the old Lever Action.
It's range is a little shorter then it's projectile-based predecessor, but I think it's a lot more fun to shoot.
It also now has a Rapid Fire alt-fire, similar to the Revolver.
New weapon: Suicide Vest
My finest creation, the Suicide Vest has been added! It works almost the same!
Press the Throw Grenade key to activate your suicide vest, then there's no turning back! You will explode in a large radius doing 200 damage to anyone caught in the blast. You die too, obviously.
Vest users can be disarmed from using it using electric stuns, such as from the EMP or Tazer (when its added). Something new is you can now repair the vest by picking up an ammobox or visiting a CTF resupply station.
New weapon: Heavy GL
Boom boom boom! It's the Heavy Grenade Launcher! Also known as the Heavy GL.
The Heavy GL can fire up to 4 grenades, which have similar damage and range as the normal Grenade Launcher.
However, the grenades from the Heavy GL don't bounce, instead they instantly explode the moment they touch a surface. You can tell which Heavy GL grenades are which by looking out for their red tip.
New weapons: Underwater Rifle/Pistol, Scuba Gear
Glugghghh! I mean, it's the underwater weapons!
In conjunction with the Scuba Gear and two water-based maps being added, what fun would be swimming around without being able to shoot?
The underwater weapons don't have much changed about them other then updated visuals, but they will now sound different when fired underwater, which gives them a boost in damage and range.
The Scuba Gear greatly increases your oxygen capacity when underwater and makes you much more mobile when swimming.
That's about it really. But they work with weapon skins! Neat!
New weapon: SMG
Pew pew pew! It's the lil SMG!
Merely a copy-paste weapon, not much has changed other then it's new look. But it sure can shoot a lot!
New weapon: Silenced Pistol
Uh oh!! It's the Silenced Pistol!! And you can dual-wield two of them now! Yowza!!
I have increased it's headshot damage multiplier from x3 to x4! It should hit much harder when you land headshots now.
New weapons: Wrench
Now don't that beat all! It's the good ol' wrench!
This thing hasn't changed an iota. It retains its 25 damage per hit and incredibly fast repair speed for generators and turrets and whatnot.
The Wrench does have an artifact skin, and its my new favorite. Can you find it?
New map: Oil Rig
The infamous Oil Rig is back! But it has been improved! I hope!
Oil Rig has had a total make over. I took all the things I like about Oil Rig and redesigned it into a better balanced and cleaner looking map.
Inside the large structure is no longer submerged underwater, but still has "ankle high" water which can effect your rolling and jumping.
Each base has a way to come up from behind like the old map, but now from under into the new generator rooms.
Last but not least, MR. BITEY has been added. He is a clever shark who will try to eat you.
Mr. Bitey has a LOT more health, but you can scare him away by doing damage. His location is a lot more remote, and he won't stray too far from his spawn point, so as long as you don't go too deep he should leave you alone.
New map: Muleslapper MFG
It's loud! It's hot! It's the factory map, Muleslapper MFG!
Factory has retained most of its original design, however there are a lot less pitfalls and it doesn't take 5 minutes to fall into the lava.
Additionally, there are a few logic gate mechanics implemented into the map. One of them is the BARREL-O-MATIC, which is available for each side of the map.
(Also Boomerangs can hit buttons and levers now, neat!)
Hitting the button will make a new barrel! Neat! But what's actually going on here is the barrel is falling off the map and "resetting", where it returns to its spawn point and can be blown up again.
There is also another new logic gate mechanic, the two red buttons! I wonder what happens when you press them both at the same time????
New map: Boring Lake
Break out the bug spray! We're going to Boring Lake!
Boring Lake has kept it's design, however I added a few automatic doors to the long skywalks on each side to help stay safe inside your base from sniper fire.
There are now also moving platforms in the little holes under the sky walks.
Boring Lake is a little... boring right now but I plan on updating it with more artwork when I can think of some. For now it's just another stock map where you can utilize underwater items.
Survival mode updated!
I have added The Bar to Survival Mode! The Bar will allow you to buy two different types of vices per wave. You know what the vices will be, but they are a little more expensive then opening a chest.
A charming fellow named Barkeep runs the bar, but he's not very brave and will shutter his establishment when the wave intensifies.
You can also buy weapons from the bar, and accept personal missions to make extra money!
The mission system is probably buggy as hell, so please be patient if it doesn't work right. You can only have one mission on hand at a time, and if you die, you will fail whatever mission you were carrying. You can choose to abandon your mission if you want a new one, but Barkeep won't like that!
About that, Barkeep has a "disposition" meter. He will get mad at you if you abandon or fail too many missions, and make items more expensive. On top of that, he'll close the bar earlier! Oh no!
But if you complete missions and give him business, he will like you and give you discounts and keep the Bar open later for you.
There are also a couple new Survival enemies... I'm going to keep them secret, because it's fun and also because my hands are getting tired.
Lastly, you can now find Gold Tickets in chests again! The Gold Ticket drop rates are pretty much the same, but it's 'smarter' now, where if you unlock every golden weapon skin in the game, you will no longer find tickets. It will even count your tickets and gold unlocks together, and stop spawning tickets if you have enough to unlock them all. Neat!
I have added a couple brand new mutators. They are incredibly cursed, but maybe someone will get use out of them.
- Added new mutator: Auto-Reloading. When enabled, all players will automatically reload their weapons when out of ammo instead of dry firing. Pathetic!
- Added new mutator: All Water. When enabled, the sea level will be at maximum and any map that loads will be totally underwater!
- Added new mutator: Fall Damage. When enabled, all players will take fall damage. Crrunnch!
- Added new mutator: Underwater Weapons. When enabled, all weapons can fire underwater.
Here's the part I'm stressed out about! I made some changes to the physics to feel more similar to 126.96.36.199
Before you COMPLAIN about the game being slower, keep in mind these changes were directly made from copying the old source code. Some numbers in the copy-pasted physics codes still need to be "doubled" and essentially that's all I did here.
The biggest contributor to being a little slower is the corrected weapon weights. Weapon weights were 50% lighter then they were suppose to be. So you should move slow with heavy weaponry again.
The gravity and vertical speed changes are hopefully good, they should help with the "floaty" complaints I've been seeing.
- Adjusted vertical speed limit and gravity to be more similar to 188.8.131.52
- Adjusted the swimming physics to be more similar to 184.108.40.206
- Removed the hard upwards vertical speed limit for players, similar to 220.127.116.11
- Players now have a little more movement control while falling (this is new)
- Reduced fast falling speed, to be more similar to 18.104.22.168
- Fixed players slowing down too fast when going over their max speed
- Fixed weapon weights being inaccurately too light, you will be
a little slower with heavier weapons now
- Fixed holstered off hand weapons not having weight
Uh oh!! It's my favorite thing in the world, balancing weapons!
- The Boomerang will no longer bounce back at you if you kill an enemy with it
- Reduced the Boomerang’s initial throw damage
- The Boomerang now has x4 headshot damage
When I introduced headshots to the Boomerang, I was worried it would be too strong but that doesn't seem to be the case, so as I originally planned, I removed the 'bounce back' if you deliver the killing blow to an enemy. It doesn't have to be a headshot.
I reduced the Boomerang's body shot damage, but gave it a huge headshot multiplier similar to the Silenced Pistol. This should let you run over multiple enemies from 100% health if you hit them all in the head, but just be prepared to catch it on the rebound. This change is intended to make you value headshots more then bodyshots in pretty much every scenario.
- Slightly increased reload speed
This buff is to help the regular Grenade Launcher compete with the newly added Heavy GL.
Weapon skin updates!
I have added a bunch of new weapon skins, 100% made by the community! If your weapon skin set made it in, you should have it unlocked for all weapons by default. If not, please contact me.
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Tron"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Dreamy"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Pineapple"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Hotline"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Old Timey"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Interfering"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Green Armyman"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Tan Armyman"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Cloudy"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Missing Texture"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Cracked"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Tutorial"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Monochromatic"
- Added Blessed quality weapon skin set "Cold Front"
- Added Boring quality weapon skin set "Blueprint"
- Added Boring quality weapon skin set "Stardust"
I also added two new types of ugly "Inferior" skins, Camo and Detailed. Gotta keep that unlock pool trashy!
I also updated the Burning Weapon Skin DLC to have custom art. Check it out:
Lastly, I made some updates to the Weapon Skin creator because I want MORE! MORE SKINS! 10,000 OF THEM!!
- Added “Thumbnail” feature to the weapon skin creator, you can use this to set your weapon skin’s preview thumbnail to one of your tile images in the images folder
- Removed the “Show All” checkbox from the weapon skin creator, you will always now upload the entire skin set, unless you have a custom thumbnail
Boring Editor update!
I'm gonna start winding down with a vague list of new Boring Editor map objects and some changes. I will write the Boring Editor help guide sometime this month.
- Added new map object: Teleporters
- Added new map object: Shark
- Added new map object: Trigger Areas (New collision type: Barrel Check)
- Added new map object: Horizontal Windows
- Added new map object: Automatic Doors (Old fashioned doors now called ‘Manual’)
- Added new map object: Manual Spike Trap
- Added new map object: Number Display
- Added new map object: Wood Target
- Added new map object: Weapon Printer (Non-zombrains version)
- Added new logic gate: RESET
- Added new logic gate: 4EVER
- Added new logic gate: COUNT
- Added right-click options to the map editor that are able to edit things such as blocks created from wall tool, moving platforms, etc
- Added new collision object type: No Weapons
- Added a new menu option to the “TILES” tab in the map editor: Download Starter Pack
- You can now set background parallaxs to “Half”. It's hard to explain, just try it.
- Changed the map editor’s default map size to 22.214.171.124’s default map size (proportionately)
- Improved visuals when displaying logic gate connections
- Rewrote the Undo tool in the map editor
- The polygon creator tool in the map editor can now snap to all collision objects (and static platforms), unless you hold the ALT key.
- You can now hold Spacebar to keep using a placement tool
- Optimized the grid drawing for the map editor
- Fixed being able to place the same exact logic connection
- Fixed the pause menu options displaying incorrectly when testing a map from the editor
- Fixed polygons being able to snap to themselves before creation is complete
- Fixed being able to upload map preview images to the Workshop that are too big (over 1mb)
- Fixed being able to see the depth value on objects in the editor where depth doesn’t matter (spawn points, collision, etc)
Bug fixes and new misc. crap
- Added a game mode help window for joining the server and an option to turn it off
- Added 10 new emojis, changed a couple existing ones
- Chat emojis are now always enabled, removed Chat emojis video option
- Added automatic doors to Dyson City
- Added new FPS Limit option: 120fps
- Weapon drops, pick up items and loose CTF flags now get popped up when hit by a spike trap or touches bouncy terrain
- You can now delete Workshop maps you’ve downloaded from the Workshop browser
- Added a search function to the in-game Workshop browser
- Replaced the “Unpopular” Workshop browser filter with the “Random” filter, which will give you 10 random maps
- Added new Miscellaneous menu option “Clear Workshop Cache” for deleting all downloaded Workshop maps
- Renamed the Survival option “Loadouts” to “Hardcore”.
- Enabling hardcore mode on Survival will grant you extra wave completion XP, if mutators are off and if you’re on a stock map.
- Renamed the Survival option “Control Point Timer” to “Wave Begins”
- You can now only select intervals of 15 seconds instead of inputting a number for Wave Begins setting.
- Barrels will now reset when they fall off the map
- You now have to hold the Team Change keybind to join spectators
- Generators, turrets and resupplies now spawn in Climb
- The camera will now move faster if your character is going fast enough to move off screen
- Fixed speed lines appearing while underwater
- Fixed players being able to dodge their own boomerangs with the Stimulants vice
- Fixed bots being able to spawn with other weapons when
Hardcore is enabled in Survival
- Fixed various map objects not having the correct depth for client players
- Fixed the map list file generating incorrectly
- Fixed vices being able to push each other inside walls
- Fixed foreground images appearing in front of the game HUD
- Fixed players occasionally spawning at incorrect locations in team-based game modes
- Fixed the skateboard not showing the correct sprite when climbing a ladder
- Fixed a crash associated with power ups
- Fixed some instances of weapon assignment not applying weapon skins (Random weapon mutator, etc)
- Fixed the weapon unlock and weapon skin unlock screens not closing properly while in-game when pressing ESC
- Fixed weapon skin effects not animating and destroying themselves when the game is paused
- Fixed being able to save maps and server files with invalid operating system characters
- Fixed power up sounds playing over and over when power up mutators are enabled
Wew! That's a lot of programming I did. This month I will focus on stabilizing this update and polishing things up for the F2P crowd. Please report any bugs or feedback to the Discord or just message me on Twitter!
Sorry for the crappy GIFs but I was running out of time. See you next time!
Want to play the beta NOW? You can play immediately if you have any of the DLC below: