I've reworked a lot of elements of Panzer in order to make it a smoother experience. A lot of the small jitter that could occur before at high-speed, should be reduced by a lot. Picking up items should be responsive as well.
Vehicle Rendering Overhaul
Before this update, the tank was just that, a tank. This made it hard to let the user select skins or do any kind of customization that was not identical to a 'tank'. In this new version, the whole system of rendering a vehicle is overhauled. Now it's possible to drive as any kind of vehicle or object ( how about a fez with a turret? ). This new system also makes it much easier to let folks mod the game potentially.
Seeing as I'm developing Panzer Arena mostly alone, I won't have the resource to do a ton of marketing and thus get millions of players in. Therefor perhaps it's good to have a PvE mode that you can play alone or with up to 3 friends. It's still in the prototype stage, but I think it could be a lot of fun!
- More tweaks to spawn selection. ( Won't select the best option always, but rather a random of the top 3 best positions, so should be more random )
- Experimental: When aiming down sight, MAX speed reduced by 10%. Your normal non boost speed won't be affected so in general you'll be as fast, but if you're boosting and press RMB, it will cap the max speed to 90%.
- Updated the old sand on TheZone map.
- Removed gray meshes from TheZone map.
- Need 40% damage before you get assist instead of 10%
- Dash damage check was happening 10x per second, now 30, let's hope this is enough to not miss any.
- Fixed depenetration value on tanks, so should not be able to drive through each other as easily.
- Added a new menu when clicking 'quit' while in-game that asks if you're sure ( to avoid accidental clicks when wanting to click options )
- Burst rifle interval increased from 0.85 to 1.0
- Improved networking ( better interpolation ) so should see less jitter when connection is shitty and diong crazy jumps etc.
- BugFix: when spectating, the yellow banner would not show up showing the name of the player.
- Picking up objects networking improved, even with lag it should be better now.
- Shotgun slightly more accurate up close
- Added frame-rate limiter options in the graphics settings.
- BugFix: LifeDrain now will spawn as part of the abilities in the world.
- Added mouse wheel as weapon selector, scroll up and down to select whatever is in your inventory.
- Added the 'sniper' ( the classic Panzer weapon ) as the third slot. Use mouse-wheel or '3' on your keyboard to select it.
- Burst rifle accuracy regain is a little slower, so if you spam it too much your accuracy will go down.
- BugFix: Impulse dart would explode on-hit when hitting certain pick-ups.
- Some input re-work, MAKE SURE TO CHECK IF YOUR KEYS NEED REBINDING!!!!
- Experimental: health-regen kicks in after 3 seconds! (prev 5, we also tested 7 at some point, so I'm testing the whole range )
- Damage numbers now won't spawn on top of each other (as often)
- Damage numbers will now fly off and drop on the floor
- Damage numbers are rendered slightly more clear, this should help with knowing what you did.
- BugFix: Fresh install should have proper default value for FOV (needs testing)
- Lifedrain won't go away after owner dies.
- Crosshair always has a visible dot now
- Session will refresh every 3 minutes ( test to avoid getting stale and thus not joinable )
- Debug command 'debugsuicide' will kill yourself
- Rework of the visual mesh for the vehicles, this was the last puzzle piece before we can do any skin you can think of. I expect a few weird bugs, please report them if you find them :)
- Redone the base generic weapon we have, it also has a fire animation now.
- Converted turret part to skeletal mesh with sockets, and potential animations if required.
- Converted weapon barrel part to skeletal mesh with sockets etc.
- Added debug command 'ToggleHUD' that...toggles the hud. Useful for screenshots etc.
- Added screen effect when you get healed
- VoiceChat should be enabled in-game. Needs a ton of testing, some have issues with volume etc.( V by default )