We’d like to officially announce Michael Flaherty as our Voice Actor who is bringing life to Daxter! As we work with more voice actors to get more of our characters voiced you’ll notice them making sounds when they are hit, do certain actions or fall off screen! Eventually we’ll be creating a simple taunt mechanic that will include some more voice lines as well.
You’ll get a first glimpse of Daxter’s new voices once we've pushed the next update!
As always don't forget to join our Discord and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on news, sales and events or subscribe to our mailing list on our Website!
- Daxter is now has a voice! Voice acted by Michael Flaherty!
- Damage numbers now fly out when damage is received in the direction of kb and are colored to represent who did the damage
- Daxter utilt scaling up by .1
- Shrunk Luna nair hitboxes
- Extended Luna ftilt hitbox
- Luna frame 1 uair the proper hit sound
- Luna Jab 3 kb angle raised
- Arc utilt scaling up by .1
- Arcs dsmash more consistent
- Nerfed both of Arcs uspecials (were doing silly base kb, max kb)
- Idona Fsmash has 1 less startup frame, another set of hitboxes on effect and weakbox/strongbox
- Idona Usmash now more consistent with hitboxes
- fixed idona dtilt sound when hitting
- Idona jab 3 launch hit kb angle higher and more in line with animation
- Idona dair weakhits have less horizontal kb
- Idonas Nspceial is now longer and has super armor
- Idona Fspecial no longer keeps her in a single spot with lowered gravity and will slow at start of the move
- Cleaned up/Reworked/ Resized Luna Dair, Landing, Hurt and DBL Jump
- Gave extra startup time to Luna jab 1
- Fixed Luna jab 1 sound
- Fixed Daxters Uspecial hurtboxes
- Made Daxters Uspecial hitboxes higher up and bigger
- Daxter jab 2 now does 2 dmg
Weight changes to all characters, Movement feels more deliberate
- Breaking deceleration falling + .3
- falling lateral friction + .3
- default air control - .3 or -.2
- braking friction factor -2.5 (to 5.5)
- braking deceleration walking + 100 (to 600)
- max acceleration by -300
- make air control and default air control the same for all (use lower value
- added ~20 mass per char
- default jump v +10
- default jump + 10
- gravity + .1
- increase prazon weight to 110
If you aren't in our discord you may have missed our latest announcement regarding Online Multiplayer.
Due to a number of outstanding issues, Online Multiplayer functionality is being disabled in the next build. Our strengths are in local multiplayer and as such we will be doubling down on our strengths to ensure the smoothest local multiplayer experience. Do not fear as Online play will return in a future build and branch. As it stands right now we're stretching our resources thin by trying to fix bugs online while introducing new characters. We know this will likely upset some of you but we ask you to bare with us as we are simply a 4 man team with zero funding. Most of us will be or have already been returning to school full-time and work full-time so our spare time is the only time we have to work on SPBF right now.
This decision allows us to move forward with our Xbox One Game Preview version of SPBF which will open up a new audience to the game. We will be able to focus on ensuring current and new characters and gamemodes are polished and fun to play by the time online is brought back into focus.