A large focus of this update was to upgrade the look of the interface. Most placeholder interface elements have been replaced. There are still a few elements which still need to be udpated such as the stat bars for instance, so look for that to come later.
We have made some changes that will improve performance for some players, especially those who are CPU bound. The day/night cycle in particular was a source of a lot of CPU overhead. Instead of updating the sun and moon positions every frame, we now keep up with what time it should be internally, but update it visually only at strategic times, such as when you are going through a door or teleport. This will hopefully improve frame rate overall.
We have added volumetric lighting to the world, which adds a slight fog to the distance, and adds sunshafts. We think it especially improves the look of night-time. This can be disabled in the in-game options if you prefer it the old way.
While a large part of this update was focused on interface, performance, and graphics, we also added in a couple of new quests and points of interest to further progress on our mission to pack the world full.
- Performance improvements.
- Updated much of the user interface.
- Removed the additional keybinding (I) for opening your inventory.
- You can now rest for certain numbers of hours in beds.
- You are now healed by resting in beds or sleeping bags.
- Made jumping a little easier.
- Weapons are no longer holstered by default when you equip one.
- Added tips that pop up near the beginning that teach some basics of the game.
- Fixed loading screen fading before the world fully loaded.
- Added tips to loading screen.
- Adjusted the revolver held position.
- Added volumetric lighting. This can be turned off in the options.
- Implemented a couple of new quests.
- Fixed an issue with the Statue of Selena respawning after being looted.
- Epic weapons now sell for more gold.
- The chest in the ruins graveyard shed now is a safe more level appropriate items.
- Fixed an issue where you could get through the Brinwall Hollow gate without a key.
- You can no longer fall through the world when entering Ryan's cellar.
- You can no longer interact with the blank scrolls on bounty boards.
- Fixed an issue with the cemetery fencing near Sureshot's Retreat not having colliders.
- Fixed some visuals with the fencing around the Chapel of the Righteous.
- Fixed an issue with one of the buried statues not having a collider.
- Fixed an issue with some abandoned cabins not having wall colliders.
- Fixed some visual issues in Scarlett's Estate.
- Fixed visual issues with some bandit camps in the desert.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed some bugs with the "Witch's Brew" quest.
- Fixed bug where some enemies would not change levels in the Yonder.
- Hitting the holster weapon hotkey will now toggle your weapon's holstered state.
- Fixed bug where holstering your weapon while you only had one equipped would keep you from pulling it back out.
- Increased the value on tier1 upgrade orbs.
- Moved the starting location outside of edge shack.
- Slightly increased the chance of weapon chest key fragments to drop.
- Fixed some issues where you sometimes couldn't read the books in the "My Precious" quest.
- Fixed description on health potions.
- Fixed not being able to click the buttons on the bottom right of the screen very well.
- Opening the map now defaults to the teleport rune map.
- Removed screenshots from feedback reports to make them a little faster.
- Fixed a bug where volume settings wouldn't save correctly.
- New characters start with more bullets.
- Increased the duration of ice armor and cloak of flames.