Patch notes for version 0.14.1004.1801
All this week we’ve been working hard on bug fixing, correcting typos, and other annoying little things that spoil player immersion in Encased. The main changes in this patch concern the interface and general player experience of the game. We’ve also addressed annoying critical errors like freezes and memory leaks.
We read every review carefully, and therefore have also made several balance improvements regarding the cost and characteristics of some items. Gameplay balancing is complicated, and work in this area will continue in upcoming patches.
Next week we’ll talk about the upcoming content patch. For now, here’s our complete list of fixes.
- Interface: using the Alt key, you can now click on a grid cell obscured by the character or an object;
- Interface: improved looting when several corpses are lying on top of each other;
- Interface: the “Equalise” button has been added to the Barter tab;
- Interface: when the player attempts to confirm a disadvantageous deal, the barter tab warns them;
- Interface: fixed weight display in items stack tooltip;
- Interface: workbenches are marked on the local map now;
- Interface: added camera rotation speed adjustment;
- Interface: fixed status effects counter on the character’s badge;
- Interface: fixed fractional numbers in equipment and stats tooltips;
- Interface: fixed “create some” and “create maximum” buttons text;
- Balance: changed servoshell parameters;
- Balance: changed the Nashville parking lot shotgun parameters;
- Balance: fixed the Nashville parking lot secrets discovery rewards;
- Balance: fixed work gloves cost and parameters;
- AI: fixed the behavior of AI after reloading several times;
- Fixed memory leak when changing locations;
- Fixed freezing when exiting locations during random combat encounters;
- Fixed game freezing on some configurations;
- Fixed freezing when putting on servoshell;
- Fixed servoshell duplication bug;
- Fixed “Heartfelt talk” random encounter;
- Fixed a bug where the player did not receive experience for discovering certain locations;
- Steam: achievement alerts have been fixed.
- Descriptions added to three types of batteries;
- Nashville office floor: portrait of Louise Dekker-Schulz improved;
- Nashville office floor: fixed location black screen;
- Storage level: fixed car trunk access;
- Expanded the selection of portraits available to the player;
- Status effects: mercury consumption status effect changed;
- Gas Station: Aaron Malville now has a shotgun;
- Gas Station: basement passability fixed;
- The Point: fixed Right to the Punishment Cell quest errors;
- Nashville Sewers: faulty passage fixed.
All this work would not have been possible without your participation – most of these errors were discovered and reported by you. Thanks for helping us improve Encased for everyone!
Steam page and Steam community are the most important for us - we are going to follow up those closely for your feedback on the game.
Please Wishlist and click Follow to stay updated!
The game is still in the development so if you want to stay in touch on other channels than Steam you can follow us on social media and visit other cool resources with game updates information new artworks and lore pieces.
Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG
:lwCheckPoint: Character Generator - create a character that may appear in the game as NPC and get the cool story item.
:chat: Official Discord Server
:checklist: Twitter (game updates)
:checklist: Facebook (game updates)
:checklist: Youtube (trailers, livestreams and dev diaries)
:checklist: VK (game updates in russian)
:checklist: Instagram (art and stories)
Dark Crystal Games
:RideCheck: Dark Crystal Games dev page on Steam
:RideCheck: Press Center (presskit and publications)
:RideCheck: Dark Crystal Games (news and jobs)
:RideCheck: Artstation (art production and stories)