October is upon us, and that means a new MiniGolf Maker update! Let's check it out:
Halloween Content and the Grimbrooke Hollow Course
It's that spoooky time of year, and to celebrate, new Halloween content has been added to MiniGolf Maker! Enjoy new objects, new music, new terrain textures and skies, and new ambient sounds.
Along with the new content is the 18-hole Halloween-themed course: Grimmbrooke Hollow. Check out the trailer for it!
Coming at you next are 3 new power-ups for you to enjoy!
Slap other players silly with the Punch power-up. Use it on your turn, and any ball that gets too close will get walloped!
Turn your ball into a spooky spectre with the Ghost power-up. You become impervious to other power-ups, can pass right through other balls, and become slightly floaty.
Pass through the Free Stroke power-up, and 1 stroke will be subtracted from your score on your next turn!
Coming in the November update are 2 major additions:
- Blitz Game Mode - Think the current turn-based play mode is too slow? Well then Blitz will be for you. All players go at the same time, and chaos will most likely follow.
- Main Menu Overhaul - The main menu will be getting a huge update to be a lot more fun and dynamic. I've wanted to do this since I started working on MiniGolf Maker, so I'm really excited to finally be able to work on it, and I think it will be really cool!
I'm also going to be taking a quick break this month from creating courses. The next new course overhaul will be in the December update with the Winter course (as you could have probably guessed!)
Changelog - 2019.10.0
- New Power-Up - Punch: Punch away all balls that get too close. Only active on your turn.
- New Power-Up - Ghost: You can pass through other balls, and makes you invulnerable to the affects of power ups. Also slightly lowers gravity for your ball and makes it roll farther.
- New Power-Up - Free Stroke: When you pass through it, subtracts 1 stroke form your score on your next turn.
- Terrain - You can now select 8 textures for painting the terrain.
- Terrain - Added a new terrain shader that has better-looking blending between terrain textures.
- Improved shading of trees in Pirate content. Improvements to other content will come as I do the course overhauls.
- Added a small area with a slight downward force directly above the hole to make bouncing out less common.
- Fixed errors that could occur when a player leaves while their power up is active.
- Fixed log files not copying to the correct location.
- Fixed deleting a course from the Load Course dialog not immediately removing the course list item.
- Fixed Auto-Paint texture name always starting saying "Grass".