v0.89.3 Patch Notes
Get your cat DNA ready: a purrfectly deadly duo has arrived in the Research Lab! Super Bobcat and Super Lynx join the fight alongside a long list of community requested improvements and new languages!
Yesterday we also had a bit of downtime due to an outage with our matchmaking provider, so we're giving everyone an epic rarity item drop as thanks for bearing with us! You'll receive it in the main menu within the next few hours :).
Bonjour Europe! 5 New Languages Have Arrived
Super Animal Royale now supports 5 additional languages (bringing the total up to 11):
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Latin America)
And all of the existing languages are getting upgrades as well, with translations for every animal, item, and cosmetic in the game!
Emote Wheel Upgrades
- You can now play your last used emote by tapping the emote wheel hotkey.
- Tapping while in an emote will cancel the current emote.
- Reduced size of the 'Cancel' circle slightly, so reaching an emote is faster.
- Keyboard users can now bind emotes to an individual hotkey. By default they are unbound.
- For controller users, the emote wheel will appear on the side you are facing.
Super Readability Upgrades
Thanks for all the suggestions for improving accessibility (especially user, Lavender, from our Discord)! We'll be doing even more over time, but for now we've upgraded readability in a bunch of places in the game interface:
- New kill feed has a background and uses icons for weapons.
- Much of the white text that pops up on screen now has a drop shadow.
- Chat feed now has a background image.
- Item title text in the Customize menu has a drop shadow.
More Super Improvements
- Mole Crates will now always drop at least one weapon.
- Research Labs now has custom ambient sound inside the buildings.
- Players can turn off their gem from showing in Steam & Discord parties. The toggle is accessible by clicking on your level in the main menu.
- In Steam & Discord parties, player name text is a bit bigger, and 'Ready' text is a bit smaller. The player's gem has been decreased in size and placed beside the player's name.
- The gun skins tab in the Customize menu now uses icons for each gun, which both looks nicer and fixes some languages that were overflowing the panel.
- Items that had their milestone requirements in the name will now show it in the description instead.
Super Fixes and Optimizations
- Small optimizations to game code.
- Made some texture settings changes which should lower memory usage and load times a bit.
- Silenced Pistol reload sound extended slightly, to match the actual time.
- Fix for the ammo label glitching when toggling UI.
- Fix for controller navigation on some items in the Customize menu.
- Fix for the Fennec's sleeves.