A new weekly update is live! From now on, you can challenge every ally player to a friendly duel everywhere in the world! Moreover, we doubled the area covered with snow in the Northern part of the world – the Volcano slopes look truly epic now! Also, be sure to check out the updated balance of weapons and their recipes!
On the other hand, we’d like to give you an insight into the incoming Freebuilding and Guild Castles update – read below for details!
Freebuilding & Guild Castles Work in Progress insight:
Guild Castles update:
First of all, the upcoming update will introduce an improved balance of the Guild Castles placement. We aim to provide equal access to each of the 3 tiers of Guild Castles to all nations, and for this reason, we have to add 2 new Guild Castles, so there will be 3 GCs per each tier.
All Guild Castles will be placed analogically for each faction, which means that the Castle Audunstede and Leaktown will have to be moved to new locations. In effect, we will gain space in the central area of the map for the endgame content which we’re going to add in the near future.
Each Guild Castle will have its own vast predefined area where freebuilding is allowed. Within this area, you will have complete freedom of building your dream castle. Place the fortifications and utility objects, such as workshops, taverns, NPC vendors’ stalls and practice arenas, as you wish to!
Each tier of Guild Castles has its own maximum pool of points to spend on fortifications and a separate pool for the utility objects. This way, there will be the place for variety and the Guild Castles will remain balanced. Get ready for a creative challenge!
A player permitted to manage the Guild Castle’s building plans will be able to start the construction by placing the main building. You will be able to place it freely place within the building area. Plan this step ahead – it might determine the further design of the fortifications layout!
Due to technical limitations of other systems, in the first iteration, some objects in the suburban areas of the Guild Castles will have to remain in the predefined places. It applies namely to the resource buildings, such as farms and lumbermills, to storehouses generating supplies and key environmental objects, such as bridges. However, you will be able to manually distribute the defensive devices on the tower tops and decide if they will be ballistas or pots with boiling oil!
Of course, we will be aiming to give as much building freedom as possible as the system’s development goes on. For this reason, we’ve already updated some of the walls segments used to build the fortifications to make them easier to use by players. Due to this change, we also have to do some tweaks to all nation-controlled locations. As a side effect, visuals of some of them has been updated – stay tuned!
And by the way, you can expect to see a developer from time to time running some tests on the global servers using a horse. ^^
Check the recent changes and see you in battle!
– Updated the balance of Weaponforging crafting branch, standardizing the required materials, crafting levels of each recipe according to their tiers
– In some cases, the amount of required fuel might be increased so the weapons crafting cost will increase along with the value of the items according to their tiers
– The materials required to craft all weapons have been standardized in a similar way to the Armoursmithing, with specific types of metal alloys required to craft weapons of given tiers and the number of materials being dependent on the size of the weapons (i.e. knives will require less metal than swords)
– Due to this change, the number of Steel Bars required in Weaponforging is lowered 2x on average while the crafting cost of weapons made of Bulat will be slightly higher than it used to be, making the weapons made of Dziwer more viable choice
– Improved the the Weaponforging progression flow – there shouldn’t be any holes anymore where a player would be forced to grind a specific recipe over and over in order to advance in this crafting branch; this change includes ability to use materials already stocked for levelling up on given tiers of weapons after getting able to craft the higher-level recipes
– Fixed some reported balance holes allowing to craft the high-tier weapons cheaper than intended, which will in effect increase the demand on high-tier Metallurgic materials, such as Siderite, Magnetite and Aqua Regia
– Updated the balance of all weapons – some of the weapons had better or worse statistics than they should be according to their tier and required materials, namely in the Sangmarian weapons; now all sets – all nation-based and the “common” ones – have been standardized
Quality of Life:
– Introduced a possibility to challenge ally players to a friendly duel everywhere in the world without the risk of losing Nation Points; the further iteration will introduce the group duels as well
– Doubled the area covered with snow in the Northern part of the world – the terrain and models inside the Volkvar Castle have been covered roughly, as this area will be updated soon due to some changes which have to be done for the incoming Freebuilding update
– Updated the NPC archers mechanics – from now on, NPC enemies will use bows if they won’t be able to hit a player with a melee weapon or if the player continuously tries to avoid them
– Increased the size of area counting the players score during sieges – its area is now the same size as the enemy activity detection area; as before, the siege score is being counted only if the flag is marked as besieged
– Added displaying the time since the last logging of the guild’s leader on the tooltip of the “Take Over Guild” button
– Improved the interface of the first step of character creation
– Improved the visuals of the buff effects’ tooltips
– Minor improvements to the “Troubles at Dunfen Farm” questline
– Fixed a bug causing that ballistas used to disappear at the beginning of nightlock or wouldn’t respawn after being destroyed during the nightlock
– Fixed a bug causing that the block indicator was displayed wrong when blocking with a shield