Today we finally patch Haven!
Haven is a new starting area in Mortal Online that hopes to ease new players into the game in a smoother, safer and more fun way.
The first character made on an account will start in this new zone. On Haven players can start their journey guided by several NPCs that teach the new players much more about the different systems that make up our sandbox mmorpg than our old tutorial.
Players are protected from full PvP by having a fledgling (yellow) flag for as long as they want. This flag is removed once the player leaves Haven and once you leave Haven you can not come back. The banks in Haven are connected to the banks in Tindrem so players may bring things from Haven to Myrland simply by adding it to a bank and then picking it up in Tindrem.
Furthermore we added a guild recruiting system that makes it easier for guilds to get in contact with new players. New players that join a guild will often have a much easier time in the game as they can be guided and supported by veteran players.
Every player that leaves Haven also get a chance to re-roll their character. Often new players start off by making one character and then get told that they need to change their build by veterans. This way they can do just that without having to remake their character.
See you all in Haven!
- Added a new starting Island called Haven, here you can start out your and progress your new characters in a more safe environment.
- Haven is the only starting point if it’s your first character.
- Added a new recruit system for guilds.
- Guilds can now opt in to the haven recruit system from their guild stone.
- Here the guild can add a short description of their guild and decide to be shown on the Haven guild recruitment UI.
- Guilds that toggle auto join to ON will be listed in the recruit UI with a Join button. Players on Haven may click this button to instantly join the guild no questions asked.
- If auto join is off the Haven players will instead be able to contact members of the guild with the contact button. This will send a whisper to the highest ranking online member from the player who requested the contact. Both players may then whisper each other for 5 min.
- Added a Guild Recruit NPC in Haven that new players can interact with to get in contact with guilds.
- Added a Mentor NPC in Haven that new players can interact with to get directions and tips about the game.
- Added a free re-roll token that will be given to players when they leave Haven. (Character bound that can not be traded.)
- Added support for minion spawning traps on chests.
- Added training dummies to all Sarducaa cities.
- Added training dummies to Kranesh and Gaul Kor.
- Added a no build zone at the Demon Portal.
- Added a no build zone at Cave Camp.
- Added a no build zone at the Kimuru Cave.
- Added a new type of way point to guide new players.
Tindrem has gotten a graphical update!
The Great Library in Tindrem is now open, and the Tindrem Librarians have moved inside.
All Gates into Tindrem are now open, three more ways that you can now use to leave and enter Tindrem through.
Removed the Fledgling timer, you can now stay Yellow for as long as you want while on Haven.
But once leaving the Island the Yellow flag will be removed.
Help chat timer does not tick on Haven, once you leave it will tick as normal giving you 20H of help chat after leaving Haven.
Fledglings leaving guilds will now leave in 60 sec instead of 60 min.
Graves and Treasure spots that requires a shovel will now tell you so when trying to pick them up.
Fledglings can now be pushed.
Lifted the item handling restrictions for fledglings.
Turning on shadows now turn on foliage shadows to.
Fledgling loot can now only be looted by the owner. (Yellow flagged)
Gate Keepers are now static, and can no longer be lured away.
Lowered the Thunder egg damage bonus effect when used in Ritual summoned pets, this will affect both old and new pets.
Increased the re-spawn timers in risar dungeon to avoid getting risars spawned on players as much.
Increased the stamina cost on spear heads to better match dagger heads.
Lowered the Pet Point cost on Springboks, Pigs and Bush Pigs to give more low skill tameable creatures.
Gathering, Woodcutting and Mining is now faster to skill up.
Mental Offense is now a learn by doing skill.
Fireball skill level lowered to 10-25 to make it more usable for new mages.
Nitre and Sulfur are now available on the reagent vendor to make it easier for new mages to get going.
Some of the Kimuru attacks have been re-balanced.
All NPC tutors will now increase the skills they teach to 25.
Skills and lores will now affect crafted items durability 0-80%
(This means for example that an item that can be crafted with a max durability of (100/100) with full skills and lores, will have its max durability at 20% of that (20/20) at 0 skills and lores.).
Weapon damage values are now only 0-20% affected by skills and lores when crafting.
(This means that a weapon crafted with 0 skill does 80% the damage compared to a 100 skill and lore crafted weapon that does 100%.)
Crafting skills and lores still affects material cost and weak spot chance as before.
Armor mitigation values are now only 0-20% affected by skills and lores when crafting.
(This means that an armor crafted with 0 skill have 80% max mitigation compared to a 100 skill and lore crafted armor that will have 100% of the max mitigation.)
Armor weight is no longer affected by skills and lores when crafted.
(This means that an armor piece crafted with 0 skills weight the same as the same piece crafted with 100 skills and lores.)
Shield mitigation values are now only 0-20% affected by skills and lores when crafting.
(This means that a shield crafted with 0 skill have 80% max mitigation compared to a 100 skill and lore crafted shield that will have 100% of the max mitigation.)
Shield weight is no longer affected by skills and lores when crafted.
(This means that a shield crafted with 0 skills weight the same as the same shield crafted with 100 skills and lores.)
Bow damage values are now only 0-20% affected by skills and lores when crafted.
(This means that a bow crafted with 0 skill does 80% the damage compared to a 100 skill and lore crafted Bow that does 100%.)
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed some missing collision on rocks above the Tindrem maze.
- Fixed some floating objects around the world.
- Fixed an aggro issue on the initial Sarducaa Fighting Pit Boss.