I can’t believe it’s been a month already, but we’ve been hard at it, trying to make Revolution into what it was meant to be at first. We were all over your reports and feedback, fixing, readjusting, rebalancing and expanding in the meantime.
Our main focus was fixing game-breaking issues as well as the Workshop issue that came up, as we love seeing your mods shine. This was sorted out, so please make magic happen, we can’t wait to check all your custom stuff out.
This update also takes care of the leaderboard issues with survival levels, as well as many smaller issues with Netricsa, collision, textures and such. More detailed update notes can be found below.
- Danny, on behalf of Croteam.
- Workshop items will now show up properly in the custom level menu.
- Sniper zoom has been adjusted to be more in-line with the classics.
- Fixed an issue where inverting vertical look would only work on a mouse and not on a gamepad.
- Fixed erroneous time estimates on Bright Island.
- Added updated model for the final boss of Bright Island.
- Leaderboards for Survival levels should now work as intended.
- Fixed smaller issues with wording in Netricsa.
- Fixed several collision issues across the board.
- Fixed several issues with textures on multiple levels.
- Fixed visibility issues across South American levels related to the faulty rendering of several pyramid models.
- Several smaller balance and gameplay changes on the Bright Island levels, based on community feedback.
Map specific changes
- BrKeen Chevap Xbox - Fixed an issue where the wrong music would play during matches.
- Crystal Cove - The secret laser will no longer clip through the floor.
- Forlorn Ruins - Rebalanced the last arena to align the difficulty with previous areas.
- Forlorn Ruins - Added additional platforms for bridges to make passing them easier.
- Forlorn Ruins - Changed Arachnoid Adult spawn positions and movement patterns.
- Forlorn Ruins - Rebalanced the Kleer fight to keep it in-line with other encounters.
- Forlorn Ruins - Players should now be able to progress through Tree Village arenas on lower difficulties.
- Forlorn Ruins - Overhauled the final arena.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Lava golems in the fire elemental area should spawn more consistently now.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Readjusted the position of the coop portal to better fit intended gameplay.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Increased the sensing range of elemental enemies.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Rebalanced several fights.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Platforms will no longer wound the player in the water element room.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Enemies will no longer be able to see the player when it’s not expected.
- Ruins of the Abyss - Mud golem no longer floats when awake.
- Sunken Pyramid - Redesigned the gravity room to provide players with a more balanced experience.
- Sunken Pyramid - Slowed down spinning platforms on the 3rd floor of the pyramid.
- Sunken Pyramid - Players should now be able to progress through some arenas on lower difficulties.
[i]NOTE: This update will once again render your saves useless. Unfortunately, this is due to some limitations of the old engine, and there are no workarounds at this point in time. That’s also one of the reasons we are trying to provide you with substantial updates less frequently, rather than smaller updates that would break saves constantly. Sorry about that.
In the future, we will be keeping one older build live even after updates, so you can continue with your progress in case you don’t feel like you’d benefit from the update. We use a similar thing in our other games as well.[/i]
We value your input, and we want you to reach out to us with all feedback. For general thoughts and ideas, please use the General section of the Revo forums on Steam. Should you encounter any issues or bugs, please report them on the Tech & Support subforum, along with your game log (located in the game installation folder) and a detailed description of the issue.
For all things Serious Sam hit Mr. Stone up on Twitter and Facebook. Follow Croteam on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Oh, and don’t forget to join our ever-growing Croteam family on Discord and Reddit.