Last patch was meant to be the last update to version 1028, but we've decided to put out another hotfix to fix some lingering issues and improve a couple things while version 1029 is in the oven. Build Update #019 here will detail the changes, so keep scrolling for the highlights and raw change log ↓
[quote]### › Coming from a previous version of the game? Issues with controls, loadouts, assets or settings?
We strongly recommend players coming from an older version of the game to delete all files located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\GroundBranch\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor (copy and paste the underlined path onto your File Explorer address bar and hit Enter to go to folder). For those who can afford it, a full reinstall isn't a bad idea either: it may fix broken/missing features introduced in this version, as well as issues with controls, loadouts, assets and settings.[/quote][quote]### › Update your server!
All dedicated servers must be updated to work with the current version. Make sure yours is updated so players can enjoy the latest version of GROUND BRANCH.[/quote]
► BUILD HIGHLIGHTS
- Fixed new G33 Magnifier (3x) being off-center.
- You can now place most red dot and holographic sights on the closest rail slot to the G33 and still see the reticle; T-1 Micro is the exception, but we'll figure that out.
- Corrected issue with the A.I. being able to see through foliage at certain angles.
- Cleaned up the code for PvP insertion points for better stability and selection.* Improved randomization for Team Elimination insertion points.
- Also cleaned up code for dead bodies and dropped items, which should now consistently stay in the map for the remainder of the game for round-based modes.
- Grenade throwing code has been reworked for stability and faster/more responsive throws.
- Rebuilt lighting on all maps to ensure everything is up to date. This is the culprit for this update's file size, if you were wondering where to point that pitchfork.
- Removed invisible ramp from Nature Area map and mailed it back to Rockstar Games.
- A lot of under-the-hood schtuff.
► IN OTHER NEWS…
John has been working diligently on the rebuilt Depot, Mikson has been tweaking gunshot sounds [video], Kris has been body-slamming all kinds of code into submission as usual, and toadie2k has officially begun work on the new character poses and animations, which is heckin' excite.
Next up is version 1029 (for real this time!) and we're psyched about it. How about you?
► CHANGE LOG
Build version: 1028.3
Steam Build ID: 4244997
Size: 1.5 GB
Steam Build ID: 4245005
Size: 37 MB
* FIXED crash relating to null Blackboard component * FIXED Engaged sensitivity not being used * FIXED binoculars not obeying selected aim mode * FIXED G33 magnifier being off-center and not rendering reticles if too close (fingers crossed) * FIXED NatureArea ramp by syncing Perforce depot to local depot. * FIXED UserArena night lighting scenario * FIXED TE-UserArena missing lighting scenarios * FIXED URBSurfaceLinkManager::GetLinkedClass() failing due to incorrect name of physical material water (was PhysMat_Water - should have been PM_Water) * footsteps, body impacts etc. all work in water now. **CONTENT** * built lighting on all maps to make sure everything was up to date (been a while on some) * City map * changed skylight setting to Stationary so dynamic parts of BPs (vehicle doors, for example) don't render as black * cleaned up some lightmap UVs on vehicles * set Double-Sided Geometry flag on foliage meshes * corrects issue where AI could see through foliage at certain angles when they shouldn't **CODE** * updated AGBGameMode::GetBestLateComerInsertionPoint() * added IsActive() and ONSAMETEAM() checks against selected insertion points. * added brute force method if no selected insertion points are found * changed InsertionPointCounts sort to be randomised if two counts are the same * will now log a warning instead of randomly picking an insertion point if one isn't found with previous methods. * updated all affected Blueprints * updated BP_TeamElimination * changed SetupInsertionPoints from an event into a function. * predetermines how many insertion points each team is allowed, compensating for odd amounts by rounding down. * randomisation now done in a more brute force method in one pass, using the predetermined values from SetupInsertionPoints(). * insertion points within appropriate ranges are set to active with team 0 or 1. * the left over insertion point (if any) is set to inactive and team 255 (no team). * all insertion points have ForceNetUpdate() called immediately. * updated AGBInsertionPoint::SetActive() * if an insertion point is no longer active, it will automatically make sure not one has us selected as an insertion point. * added checks to AGBPlayerState::SetInsertionPoint() when selecting an insertion point to make sure it is active and on the same team. * removed AGBGameMode::RemoveDeadBody() - redundant logic since AddDeadBody() runs the same checks before adding new dead body. * added Max() to various AISettings in GBAIController to prevent possible divide by zero errors. * updated AGBGrenade * changed usage of GetViewRotation()/GetControlRotation() to GetBaseAimRotation() to make things more universal * made CheckWantsToThrow() timer value configurable * renamed CheckWantsToThrow() to WindupTimer * changed default WindupDelay from 0.5 to 0.29 to more closely match animation and make grenade throws quicker. * ensured that all timers for a grenade are cleared when it is dropped or the pin is replaced. * changed several public functions to protected to prevent using them incorrectly. FIXME - logic could still be clearer. Damn industrial blindness. * removed unused BP_AnimNotify_PostGrenade * updated GBGameMode * delayed dead body / dropped item handling to improve performance when dealing with many instant calls. * ensured dead body isn't tracked when leaving ready room * updated GBWaterVolume * disabled bPhysicsOnContact - actually needs actor inside volume before messing with your movement. * changed brush component collision to ensure bullet collision against water. FIXME - anything hit while inside a water volume will currently be **immune** to bullets :( * updated NatureArea_Geo to correct placement of water volumes * removed duplicate primary / secondary ammo listings from Ammunition List when editing platform. * added icon for MP444 mag. * changed game mode dead body handling to only worry about players/bots with valid player states. i.e. not AI controller NPCs/terrorists, but players and fake players. * changed game mode dropped item handling to only worry about players/bots with valid player states. i.e. not AI controller NPCs/terrorists, but players and fake players.``` ### Stay connected [Discord](http://bit.ly/gb-discord) / [Steam Community Hub](http://bit.ly/gb-steamhub) / [Reddit](http://bit.ly/gb-reddit) / [Twitter](https://twitter.com/GroundBranch) / [Instagram](https://www.instagram.com/groundbranch.official/) / [Facebook](http://www.facebook.com/groundbranch)