Hello, everyone! Today is an exciting day for us as we move Chapter 2: Into the Fire from the test branch over to the main branch! This new chapter doubles the content of the game and marks the first use of quest items and a handful of new interactions while adding more difficult enemies and a more open feeling environment that lets you choose the order in which you tackle the various challenges that await you. We can't wait for you all to get in there and experience what we've been working on for the past several months and we hope you're as excited as we are!
Your adventure now takes you through the Stormy Swamp and deep into Serafin Castle, where your order of magical monster slayers originated. Don't expect a warm welcome home, however, as the war with the Order of the Eternal Flame has left the castle in ruins and the brotherhood completely wiped out. Undead skeletons, wraiths, goblins, traps and more await you as you delve into the recesses of this ancient stronghold to uncover its secrets and avenge your fallen order in your quest to find and defeat Dragore. New abilities, ancient treasures and fearsome enemies await you on your journey. Do you have what it takes to defeat those who would stand in the way of your vengeance?
The Steam page has been updated with new screenshots and a new trailer for you to check out and we've got some patch notes below with all the changes and improvements that carry over from chapter 1. This patch has been in the works for quite some time and we're thrilled to finally be getting it into the hands of you, the players. Enjoy, and as always, we look forward to your feedback and help improving the game going forward!
Full Patch Notes:### New Content* Added a second chapter to the game that adds an average of 3-4 hours of content with new enemies, spells, weapons, collectibles, bosses, puzzles and more!
Changes and Improvements* Upon death or returning to checkpoint you'll now always respawn with at least 12 arrows in your quiver if you have a bow.
- Enemy weapons will no longer block your arrows.
- Your arrows will no longer collide with and embed themselves in enemy arrows.
- Changed the way arrows are detected when nocking one to your bow. Removed the jank so it will always catch now no matter when you squeeze the trigger.
- Increased player movement speed by 33% when using sliding locomotion.
- Improved enemy pathfinding a bit.
- Enemies chasing you are now smart enough to destroy breakable obstacles in their paths.
- Sticking your head into ladders and other climbable surfaces will no longer trigger the "head inside something" warning message.
- Reduced the mana cost of the Sanctuary spell from 60 to 40.
- Reduced the mana cost of the Kinetic Thrust spell from 60 to 40.
- Reduced the likelihood that an enemy hit with Kinetic Thrust would be knocked down from 50% to 20%.
- Knocked down enemies will now die to any damage taken instead of taking 300% damage.
- Enemies will now take double damage if attacked from behind whether they've detected you or not.
- Chests of gold will now vary in value between 150 and 250 gold instead of always having a set 200 gold in them.
- Reduced the effect of the mana reduction perk from 10/30/50% to 10/20/35%.
- Replaced some textures and effects throughout the game.
- Optimized the fireball explosion effects to have less of an impact on performance when spammed.
Bug Fixes:* Spell Altar Statues now have collision.
- Reduced the likelihood that enemy arrows would sometimes pass through solid objects.
- Moved some gold ore nodes that were placed too far into walls and would sometimes spawn some gold inside those walls.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes have the Sanctuary spell altar projectile fizzle when striking your shield/hand.
- You'll no longer feel earthquakes in the Forbidden Mine while selecting perks.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow you to activate a mana vein again after having already received the upgrade.
- Entering a cutscene will now correctly end any magic held in your hands and close the spell discipline menu.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent enemies from reacting to a Kinetic Thrust while chasing you.
- Fixed an issue that would cause enemies in the tutorial area to sometimes end a strafe by going waist deep into the ground.
That's gonna do it for this patch, everyone! Your feedback is super important to us so please feel free to post on the forums here or join our discord if you have suggestions and feedback to share! Happy adventuring, everyone!