Our first update is live! Thanks to reports from all of you, we have been able to identify and resolve a number of technical issues.
Also, we updated our beta branch liveops_beta (accessible through right clicking on Surge 2 in your library> Properties > Betas) with an even more updated build with further fixes.
We will continue to work hard to improve everyone's experience in The Surge 2!
Change Log Main Branch
- Stuttering fix
- Rendering crash fix (launch crash)
- Works on Win7 (xinput1_4.dll added to depot)
- In some rare cases the onboard GPU would set to GPU 0. The game will now check which of your GPUs is the dedicated one and use that instead.
- Fixed an issue with Inventory keybind input
Change Log Beta branch: liveops_beta
- All the above fixes
- Hawkes Audiolog no longer causes a crash
- Finishing the body of a nano beast in T0 PC and T7 will no longer cause a crash
- Implants show correctly at core power 100+
If you are still experiencing stuttering, we are interested to know if it’s in specific areas or if it can happen anywhere.
If you are experiencing general performance issues (not only stuttering, but abnormally low framerate), we are interested in getting some more details (dxdiag and logs).
We are still working on a solution for the visual issues some of you are experiencing, as well as the other crashes.
The Surge 2 Team