Not seeing the update?
Steam doesn't usually inform the player right away of the update, they tend to wait until you restart your Steam client or until a bit later after the update has come out. So if you want to get the update right away you can do the following:
- Right-click the game in your library and select properties
- Go to "Local Files" and click "Verify integrity of game files"
- The game should immediately start updating!
Any rooms running prior to 3.0 will not show up on the servers list. This may make the servers list look empty when the update first releases.
Another major content update to the game! This time it was all about making defender classes more unique and encouraging players to play a variety of classes.
Every defender now has their own unique ability which helps to aid the team.
The rifleman now uses an Explosive Grenade. This throwable ability will instantly kill low-level units and deal heavy damage to all others. Perfect for when the attacker is using massive amounts of low-tier enemies to overwhelm you or for reducing the health of mid-tier units making them easier to kill.
The sniper now uses an Invisibility Shield. This ability instantly makes the sniper completely invisible to the attacker's troops, allowing them to escape tight situations or to gather intel on unit positions.
The field support now uses a Medkit. This ability is immediately placed down and heals all defenders within its range.
The heavy gunner now uses a Stun Grenade. This throwable ability will stop attacking units right in their tracks. This allows for the defenders to pile on damage, or to break up large swarms into smaller & easier to handle groups.
- Added region select (Available at the top left of the main menu)
- Reduced ammo capacity of Heavy Gunner (M249) from 200 to 100
- Slightly reduced reload time of Heavy Gunner (M249)
- Players now display their ping in the room UI
- Rooms now display their ping in the servers list
- Changed menu background to support new extended look
- Rooms now display their mode in the servers list
- Resized all menu UI to fit the new extended look
- Updated The Gate map thumbnail to revamped version
- Added labels above player list in room UI
- Made so room UI cleared old information when leaving, making so old room info won't display temporarily when joining a new room
- Renamed Australia region to Oceania
- Removed Japan region due to low traffic in that region
- Removed India region due to low traffic in that region
- Fixed team/class selection closing whenever another player in the room changed their team/class
- Fixed bug where quickmatch could place you into rooms that were already starting (counting down)
- Fixed bug where quickmatch could place you into rooms running a different version of the game
That's all for this update! I'm really happy now that defenders are much more unique, which I think will encourage players to play not only differently but to encourage players to play different classes as opposed to all picking the same one. I'm also open to the possibility that this update may make defenders unbalanced which if that's the case, I plan on countering by adding attacker upgrades in a future update which has been a feature I've wanted to do anyway.
Join us on Discord
Where we discuss new updates, the game, and other games I've made.