Hello fellow goats,
We are really excited to share our biggest news to date: we already have a Full Launch release date! We are going to launch Goat of Duty out of Early Access on January 16th, 2020 at 14.99€/$. To celebrate this occasion, we want to share with you a roadmap full of new content for the next months, starting today with the Roadmap Celebration Update!
Weekend Deal: Goat of Duty is 40% off!
If you want to challenge your friends to play Goat of Duty, hurry up and tell them they can get Goat of Duty and all its future updates for just 4.19€/$! The deal starts this Saturday, October 12th at 1 PM (EST) / 7 PM (CEST) and ends next Monday, October 14th at 1 PM (EST) / 7 PM (CEST). We'll also be streaming Goat of Duty live during the weekend on Goat of Duty's Steampage, so feel free to join us for some goat shenanigans!
Goat of Duty will cost 9.99€/$ after the Weekend Deal!
When the Weekend Deal ends, Goat of Duty will increase its price to 9.99 €/$, so this is the ideal moment to get the game and all the new content coming on its way!
Check out our full roadmap here:
And without further ado, here's everything we are adding in today's Roadmap Celebration update:
New Game Mode: Markhor Tag
Do goats dream of becoming a Markhor when they grow up? Markhor Tag is the new game mode that will let goats all around the world to become this beautiful animal for a few minutes. When you become the Markhor Goat, you can kill any goat just by ramming them. But, be careful, because the rest of the herd will be chasing you and once you die… your killer will become the Markhor Goat. The one with the most kills as the Markhor Goat will be the one to be crowned in this crazy, new game mode.
And by the way, this is what a Markhor looks like in real life. LOOK AT IT. IT'S GLORIOUS.
Image by Rufus46 under the Creative Commons License.
New Map: Death Valley
The biggest map up to date is also the most complex and versatile. Cliffs? You goat them. Jumping into the void? Check. We even have a half abaaaaa-ndoned building that will remind you of Horror Well, but this one is more horizontal and specially designed for ambushing other goats. Do not miss the art on the walls by our very own Baaaaaa-nksy!
Advanced sensitivity options
You asked and we delivered. If you enable the advanced sensitivity option you will be able to set the horizontal and vertical sensitivity factor to 1:1 and split the values per axis
- New tips & tricks: We want you to become the best goat on the battlefield and you will have all the information to do so. Information is power!
- New Goatipedia content: Game modes have their own section on the Goatipedia. They will contain all the info you need plus some tricks personally tested by our brightest goats. No goats were harmed during this process, we guarantee it.
Changes & improvements
- We have lowered the AI’s ramming in the lowest difficulties so those baaaaaaa-stards won’t be chasing you relentlessly.
- CPU optimization improvements
- The goatbots AI has been improved so they have a bigger goater side instead of a robotic one. (Honestly? They will behave more like humans… or human goats)
- Better AI pathfinding on the Fus Ro Arena Mode. Camp no more! Now AI goats won’t be waiting for you at an exact spot to ram you out the map but, in the meantime, they will be more unpredictable.
- Goatbots now drop their weapons once they are killed.
- Fixed the bug concerning the sawgun mines. Now, ramming a goatnado will trigger the expected damage and effect
- Fixed blood on the camera after an explosion (sometimes it didn’t appear correctly)
- Fix the grenade launcher bug that occasionally caused a double kill on the same target
- Fix a faulty effect showing a hologram of a throwing weapon by a dead enemy that didn’t disappear after catching it
See you all on the goattlefield!