Although most of the team members are working hard on finishing the implementation of freebuilding for Guild Castles, along with the Guild Castles balance update, mounts and horseback combat, we have another weekly update for you! This week we focused on the balance between factions.
We’re focusing on it because it’s a crucial aspect of the game. Any long-term issues with the open PVP balance hurt all players – both the ones of outplayed nations, who might find it difficult to grow in numbers and strength, and the others from currently dominating nations, as the lack of challenge can lead to boredom, even if the players from leading nations can switch to the outplayed factions for free.
For this reason, most of the recent updates included improvements to the open PVP balance. This week’s update adds more of them, intended to give more space for smaller guilds to grow and eventually lead their nations in war, which will only add to the fun of epic open-world battles and massive castle sieges.
Open PVP Balance:
– From now on, if one nation heavily outbalances both of the other factions, guilds from this nation won’t receive the money spent by enemy guilds to prepare a siege on their guild provinces in case of a successful defense
– The buff “Bonus for controlled locations” (which increases the looting chance, crafting chance and earned experience) is not applied now for a nation which heavily outbalances both of the other factions
– The effect strength of the buff “Bonus for controlled locations” is now doubled if the nation controls at least 1 Guild Castle – the max value is still gained for controlling just a few locations closest to the nation’s capital city
– From now on, guilds owning the Guild Castles don’t earn money from automatically starter Open State of Wars which end in successful defense – still, if any player-run guild will join the attack and pay the cost of joining a siege on such Guild Castle, the defenders will get back part of this cost if they’ll defend the province
– Added a weekly gain of Guild Points, for players with the rank of officer and above, for all of the guild’s victorious Saturday’s Open State of War – the number of points assigned is 2x higher than the daily gain for controlled Guild Castles and, as well as the latter, added directly to the player’s contribution to the guild
Quality of Life:
– Added a new group event taking place in the Otton the Raubritter’s hideout between Rodrock Fort and Tenebrok which offers precious rewards for the level 60+ players
– Improved snapping the Barricade’s preview object to other existing Barricades
– Minor server-side optimization to the NPCs pathfinding
– Introduced 2 remaining skins for 1-handed hammers which can be applied to the Karleonian Pick: Sons of War Hammer and Imperial Champion’s Hammer
– Fixed a bug causing that the burning oil could be visually used twice in a row and fixed the oil’s respawn time – if there would be any further issues, please report them and attach a video showing the problem
– Fixed a bug causing that the guild’s recruitment offer was automatically removed from the recruitment board if the guild reached its maximum number of members
– Fixed a bug causing that a player at Arena level 10 used to lose the Arena Points for lost ranked duels
– Fixed completing the locations capturing Daily Challenge
– Fixed a bug preventing the player from spawning new objects in the place of a previously destroyed Siege Engines Workshop
– Fixed placement of the reported floating resources and interactive objects