Not seeing the update?
Steam doesn't usually inform the player right away of the update, they tend to wait until you restart your Steam client or until a bit later after the update has come out. So if you want to get the update right away you can do the following:
- Right-click the game in your library and select properties
- Go to "Local Files" and click "Verify integrity of game files"
- The game should immediately start updating!
Any rooms running prior to 2.0 will not show up on the servers list, read more under the "Game Security" section of the update
This update is absolutely massive! It was extremely intense to get this much done in such a short period of time but it's here! New DLC content, specifically 2 brand new maps, and a new attacker class!
Two beautifully made maps ready for the battle! These maps can only be hosted exclusively by DLC owners, however, if a DLC owner is hosting one of these maps, non-DLC players can still join them.
Attempting to slow down the enemy advance by building large entrenchments at key locations the defenders have been pinned to a peninsula between two rivers. As the attacker, you must now defeat this trapped animal, and as the defender, you must fight over what little land you have!
The war increases in intensity as you move from the countryside to downtown. Fight in the town square of a once-thriving urban home. Close-quarters limited combat with only so many routes. Fire bullets back-to-back or send dense armies forward to claim the town as your own.
World War 2 Attacker Class
A new set of 7 units with their own unique playstyle featuring 2 vehicles. This new class focused on increasing the intensity of the game by having more units on the map earlier on and encouraging using a variety of troops for different attacks. The new unique vehicle units add new strategy as they take up much more room than the average troop and as a result can only move through certain areas. Due to their size, they can also block other units from moving through choke points so be careful with how they're used!
A new set of game security improvements have been made to help improve gameplay.
Text popup protection
Hackers are no longer able to write custom messages in their text popups, so no more profanity covering your screen! This update also includes client-side limited popups meaning your game prevents them from spamming your screen with too many messages.
Servers won't show any rooms running before this update
Due to new rewriting of the internal anti-cheat, any rooms prior to 2.0 won't show up on the servers list for those running 2.0. This means that right after the update the servers list may appear empty.
- Reduced defender respawn timer from 45 to 20 seconds
- Slightly decreased Elite Anime Runner's damage
- Slightly reduced the sniper (M2010) sniper rifle reload time
- Increased character limit of in-game chat from 32 to 64
- Increased character limit of in-room chat from 32 to 64
- Added "hold down shift" hint popup that will display if the game thinks the attacker needs it
- Added "hold down shift" under the attacker how-to-play
- Added grawlix (a short list of censored words) to in-room & in-game chat
- Increased recommended defenders for Moon Base 18 from 3 to 4
- Made servers popup not show if the user owns the DLC
- Decreased font size of in-room chat to allow for 8 simultaneous single-line messages (original font size only allowed for 7)
- Optimized text popup data usage over the network
- Fixed attacker buildables overlapping when being built at the same time causing one to never be built, which resulted in the player not being able to build anymore
- Updated attacker combat calculations to be outside frame-dependent functions, this could cause players on higher FPS or lower FPS to have a different attack rate for attacking units
- Fixed the spelling on connecting UI (From traffick to traffic)
- Updated buildable logic calculations to be outside frame-dependent functions, this could cause players on higher FPS or lower FPS to rotate their buildables at different speeds
- Updated bullet movement to be outside frame-dependent functions, this could cause players on higher FPS or lower FPS to have their bullets travel at different speeds
- Fixed bug on menu UI where selecting a menu option before closing the DLC popup could result in overlapping UI's
Game Servers are saved!
Enough people have gotten the DLC to keep the servers running longer. The leftover money was then reinvested into anti-cheat and into the new content. Thanks everyone so much for supporting the game and showing your love! It honestly feels fantastic to know that so many people care about something me and Phin have worked so hard on. And you can guarantee that we'll keep investing in new content and to keeping the servers running!
Consider getting the Supporter's Edition to help support brand new content like this, to keep servers running, to show your love, and not to mention unlock exclusive content!
Join us on Discord
Where we discuss things like this & other aspects of the game.