v0.89.1 Patch Notes
Super Parrots are here and they've brought the long awaited emote wheel with them! Express yourself with up to 6 emotes in-game, and unlock 6 new emotes (3 of which are available via new Milestones). We've packed this update full of new features including loading screen tips, new daily challenges and milestones, gameplay refinements (carry up to 10 bananas!) and more.
Emote Wheel and New Emotes
Equip up to 6 emotes to your wheel in the Customize screen, and flex all your dances and emotes in-game with the new wheel UI. It works on both keyboard and controller with the same key (default “v” on keyboard and d-pad left on controller) but now you hold the button/key down, select the emote you want, and release (or release in the middle to cancel.)
We’ve also added 6 new emotes. 3 available via Super Milestones and 3 available in the regular drop pool.
3 Milestone Emotes:
- Banan Pew Pew (100 banana slips on enemies)
- Gem Reveal (reach level 10 and then you can show off your gem with an emote!)
- Blow a Kiss (win 10 duos or squads games)
If you’ve already completed the milestone’s requirements, you’ll earn the emotes at the end of the first game you play after you update.
3 Additional New Emotes:
- Yawn (uncommon)
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time (rare)
- Tap Dance (epic)
Super Parrots Join the Fight!
Super Parrot (+ 5 additional breeds)
- Super Green Parrot
- Super Blue and Yellow Macaw
- Super Cockatiel
- Super Hyacinth Macaw
- Super Cockatoo
Additional New Features and Cosmetics
- Super Tips have been added to the loading screen!
- New mod items to earn: Redshift Outfit and XG’s Graduate Hat added to the loot drop pool.
- Completing milestones or daily challenges will now display a notification on the left side of the screen in-game. You'll still need to complete the match to get credit for the completion though!
- The table of gems and levels can now be viewed by clicking on your profile in the main menu.
- Your gem will show beside your name in Steam or Discord parties.
- Maximum FPS slider added in Settings.
- Added an option in Keybinds to disable mouse wheel from scrolling weapons.
- Added keybinds for marking and unmarking the game map with your paw marker.
- Community Guidelines are now accessible from the Settings panel in the main menu (in addition to popping up the first time you play).
- Super Milestones menu button icon updated for clarity.
- Main menu's top bar has been upgraded.
- You can now carry up to 10 bananas (up from 5). Praise banan.
- Slipping on a banana can be heard from about 15% further away.
- The basic pistol's attack speed has been increased: minimum time between shots is now 0.14s (down from 0.16s).
- Magnum and Deagle now use big bullets (rather than little bullets).
- Items now drop more frequently when cutting grass.
- In-game emote sounds will now play for yourself and up to one other person. Previously you'd only hear one emote sound at a time.
- The (not a) rat in Superite Mountain now takes all types of damage from any gun (but you might want to think about which particular gun you use if you're hunting for secret milestones 😉).
- Quantities for Eat Coconuts and Drink Health Juice daily challenges have been slightly increased.
New Daily Super Challenges Added to the Challenge Pool
- Place top 3 in Duos
- Place top 2 in Squads
- Poison Dart Gun Damage
- Skunk Bomb Damage
- Use Super Tape
Optimizations and Bug Fixes
- Applied a lot of optimizations to the game. Some players will experience up to 20% better performance.
- Reduced the edge of vision buffer space to more perfectly align the vision of non-1080p players to the standard 1080p view (taller or wider resolutions see more environment but the fog of war cuts off vision beyond 1080p).
- Fixed a bug where controller input was being picked up while SAR is in the background.
- Fixed a bug with re-rolling daily challenges and emoting.
- Fixed an issue where taping would cancel if another tape auto-looted under you.
- Minor map change: removed some breakable crates that were causing weird collision between two containers.
- The Super Animal Farm sign now fades when Super Animals are behind it.
- Sleeves fixed on police outfit.