Time for a little earthquake – here comes the Open State of War! From now on, every Saturday will be a global arena of guild fighting over territories on all servers. Say goodbye to stagnation and welcome more action – read below for details!
On top of that, as in every weekly update, we have a bunch of quality of life changes and bug fixes for you, including combat improvements.
Check them out and see you in battle!
Guild Castles & Open State of War:
Being a part of a strong guild owning a castle which isn’t attacked for weeks isn’t fun – the stagnation is a fun-killer, right? We know it too – for this reason, and in order to increase the dynamics of fights over Guild Castles, so the underdog nations will have more space to grow as challenging enemies, we decided to introduce the open State of War which will happen once a week:
– From now on, every Saturday the State of War will take place on every Guild Castle, on every server, according to the current State of War time set on each castle! #NoMoreStagnation
– The open State of War will be triggered by storyline-based renegade guilds: Brandon guild attacking castles controlled by Midlanders, Ragi guild attacking Ismirs and Sirius guild sieging Sangmarian locations
Please remember that each of these State of War events can be ended easily within just a few minutes if the enemies won’t make enough progress or get pushed back by the defenders. Also, the State of War triggering works the same as before on other days of the week.
Other changes to Guild Castles:
– Due to reducing the number of available State of War time windows – 3 weeks ago already – from 3 down to 2, timers on all Guild Castles on which old SoW times still remain have been changed to the first available time for given server; of course, guild leaders can change it to the other time if preferred (this change was announced a while back in the Guilds Update patch notes:
– Added a system message displayed if the State of War has been triggered on a location controlled by the player’s guild, hinting about a possibility to counter-token enemy locations and spread the enemy forces during their attack
– Slightly reduced the detection angle of backstabbing attacks
– Fixed a bug causing that the player could get stuck in the weapon sheathing/unsheathing loop if the enemy would apply staggers on him if he is still stunned and stuns if he is still staggered
– Fixed a bug causing that the player performing a shieldbash wouldn’t get staggered if the enemy blocked it with a weapon
Quality of Life:
– Introduced a set of special words for the “narrative languages” translations in the “Say” chat messages received from enemy players – from now on, there are specific groups of words which aren’t translated randomly, so enemies can understand the overall meaning of a message (although they won’t be posted publicly to prevent abusing them); this change, consulted with various experienced game developers, was made to let the players express their emotions instead of keeping them inside, which used to lead to increasing the overall toxicity among all nations
– Introduced notifications about events in the locations controlled by the player’s guild, informing about the status of workers and supplies generated by them
– Added a confirmation box displayed before moving to a Guild Castle by clicking on its flag on the map
– Updated the models of Mercenary’s Trousers, Praetorian's Trousers, Recruit’s Trousers, Veles’ Trousers, Legionary’s Trousers and Scout’s Trousers
– Minor improvements to the last stage of “The Disappearance of Claretta” questline and “Enclave of the Rejected” event
– Improved the “Balancing System” buff’s description
– Improved rounding the percentage values in some buffs’ descriptions
– Minor improvements to the Player Reports, Bug Reports and Feedback windows interface
– Fixed a bug preventing player from respawning if he was killed quickly after receiving first aid
– Fixed a bug causing that the non-looting zone in the siege event could be slightly smaller than the siege’s zone itself, causing that players close to the borders of the latter could be looted but still had 5-seconds respawn – now these areas are of the same size
– Fixed a bug causing that the Arena Champion in “The Adventurous Four” questline didn’t always respawn after being killed
– Fixed a bug causing that the Rejected Shaman in the final stage of “The Disappearance of Claretta” questline didn’t always respawn after being killed
– Fixed a bug causing that the recipe for Battle Short Spear used to drop too often from the Loot of Brandon's Cohort chest