we finally reached the end. After almost 2 years of development we proudly present version 1.0 of Deadly Days. This would not have been possible without you. We want to thank everybody who gave us feedback, left a comment, reviewed or just played our game. The project became something completely different from what it was and we are proud that everyone could be a part of our journey. For our final update we tried to cram in as much as possible. We added much more content, heavily rebalanced the game and fixed every single bug we could find.
Deadly Days got a major content update! Let's start with survivors. 25 new survivors have been added, each with individual traits. Including mechanics, party animals and sneaky ninjas.
We added 12 more items to give you even more combo potential. The game contains 60 items now. For example, we added a dog (yep, you can pet him), a rat trap and some penetrating oil.
In order to help you out in certain situations we added two more special powers, including the “Drone Swarm”.
We felt like the game could need some more weapons, so we added two more weapon types: The sledgehammer and the light machinegun.
Besides all this we added some more map variations including some new events (e.g. the vending machine alley). We also reworked some of the achievements, added some more and tied some content to them - so make sure to unlock them.
We heavily rebalanced the game in multiple areas. Firstly we modified how the night works. Until now it was pretty easy to stay as long as possible and it also rewarded a massive amount of points. Now the difficulty will scale much quicker and zombie dogs will start spawning. Staying at night also no longer provides bonus points.
All weapons have been rebalanced. The range stat of a weapon did not really found a use until now. Bullets now travel correctly depending on the range and deal less or even no damage, if they reach their maximum range. With that in mind we also reduced the base range for most weapons. This means the range modifier is no longer “useless” and the range of the weapon is now important to consider.
Furthermore all three bosses have gotten a big upgrade. Until now they felt more like really tough zombies with no special tactics needed. We reworked their mechanics completely. Bosses now feel challenging and more special than regular zombies. But beware they also might be much more dangerous :)
- Added: Intro for game
- Added: Professional localization for Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese
- Added: Feedback bar for active special powers with durations
- Added: Health bars to treasure zombies
- Added: Displaying leader buffs in character bubble
- Added: Pagination to encyclopedia
- Added: Savegame encryption :)
- Added: Destroyable hydrant which can interact with fire in some situations
- Added: Credits screen
- Added: Custom character name generators for special survivors
- Added: Scientist themed zombies to factory
- Added: New zombie graphics
- Added: New bubble per inventory item, so you exactly know what is new
- Added: New looting progress representation
- Rebalanced: Adjusted scrap that is distributed on map and cars
- Rebalanced: Copy machine item works differently now (can duplicate weapon in inventory)
- Rebalanced: Added pierce chance falloff for piercing bullets
- Rebalanced: Fire station now reduces threat level once (but longer loot time) and based on loot level
- Rebalanced: Vending machines prices are now a bit more randomized
- Rebalanced: Lootlevel for missions is now calculated differently. Allowing for higher variation.
- Improved: Performance
- Improved: Sound of part transfer in base
- Improved: Chainsaw now has additional gore on hit
- Improved: Date formats are now culture specific
- Improved: Overworked all zombie graphics regarding colors
- Improved: Reworked music
- Fixed: Burger building didn’t spawn proper amount of mini bosses if one-shottet
- Fixed: The warehouse and hospital now scale their loot correctly depending on the lootlevel
- Fixed: Weapon level is now 1 on day 1 in vending machines
- Fixed: Character overlay sprite sometimes not flipped
- Fixed: Characters endlessly bleeding when being hooked by half zombie
- Fixed: Issue where sometimes event spawned survivors (e.g. find hero) wouldn’t enter base and thus blocking UI from reappearing
- Fixed: Wheels glitched through bus in loading screen
- Removed: Early access screen
We hope you like the changes. If you didn’t played it yet we’d be happy if you give it a shot. Our Discord Server is always open for discussion and your feedback ( https://discord.gg/4KCf5zt ).
- Your developers from Pixelsplit