Hey everyone, it’s time for our monthly update! This month we have a few new features as well as bug fixes. The major additions include booby traps as well as new roles. We have also balanced the scoring system to even out the amount of points given to survivors and traitors at the end of a match. Please see below for more details on our new features as well as a list of improvements and bug fixes!
NEW FEATURES & GENERAL CHANGES:
- Innocent: the innocent role replaces the default survivor role when playing with special roles enabled. Innocents will provide additional points to all survivors that survive the wilderness and escape!
- Soldier: the soldier role has a unique bar on their UI which will charge over time to reveal the location of the armory. This role is only assigned to survivors.
- Hacker: the hacker role has a new ability that, when charged, gives the option to open normal bunkers for the cost of 1 traitor credit. This ability has a small cooldown. This ability won’t usable on the Lab or the Armory, and is only assigned to traitors.
- Landmines can now be used as an interaction on trappable objects such as consoles, crates, repair objectives etc.
- Poison can also be added to more varied objects
- Only one type of trap can be active on an object at a time
- Mouse and keyboard: aiming arc will now change colour to indicate that you’re aiming at a valid target, environmental objects will no longer obstruct the position of the cursor and the cursor will now only change to a reticle when aiming at a target.
- Controller: now functions more like a twin-stick shooter where the player uses the right control stick to aim in the direction they want to fire rather than moving a cursor around the screen. Holding the right control stick will also initiate aiming now, without requiring the left trigger to be pressed first (though it will still activate aiming when pressed as well)
Scoring System Improvements
- The scoring system has been rebalanced to neither favour survivors or traitors
- This includes ingame tasks such as escaping, killing survivors, time alive etc.
- This bonus objectives have also been rebalanced to be more close in points, as well as not favoring survivors over traitors or vise versa
- Energy drinks now show animation for number of traitor credits given when playing as saboteur
- Various performance improvements from updating to Unity 2019
- Network data optimizations and disconnect reductions
- New SFX which plays when your role ability has fully charged
- Extended the range on the trap disarm kit area of effect by ~17%
- Removed normal crossbows from traitor crate loot
- Player vocalizations (from taking damage or using emotes) will no longer play during the hysteria event
- Fixed issue where game over screen may not appear after a match finishes and the game over animation plays
- Fixed some cases where players could end up stuck on the loading screen while loading into a match
- Fixed some cases where VOIP would disconnect mid-match and not reconnect properly until another match is played
- Fixed case where accepting a Steam invite to play could cause you to be forcibly disconnected from subsequent matches
- Fixed issue where player could get stuck if knocked down while in the falling animation
- Fixed shivering animation blending into walk animation when entering the cabin when warmth is low
- Fixed issue where power station could be interacted with from outside its building
- Fixed smoke bombs not being able to be dropped and set off by holding the left mouse button
- Fixed profile page tracking for console overloads performed
- Fixed unlock conditions for Little Red Hen achievement
- Fixed case where bullet tracer lines could travel in the wrong direction when firing at a target from point-blank range
- Fixed contextual menu options not reappearing after applying a trap to an object until looking away and re-targeting the object
- Fixed post-processing colour changes applying too early when using a traitor hatch to teleport to another area
- Fixed issue where “survivors remaining” banner shown after an escape leaves was not taking disconnected players into account
- Fixed issue where audio in truth serum lab became very distant when entering the main chamber
- Fixed several cases where emotes screen could be opened when it should be blocked while the crafting or inventory UI is shown
- Fixed timer not stopping in the lobby browser for games that have ended but still contain players
- Fixed stat boost animation playing again if a survivor had drank an energy drink and boards and disembarks from an escape vehicle
- Fixed some cases where dropped items would fall through the terrain in certain areas
- Fixed some cases where bears would roar too often and not pursue the player correctly
- Fixed bears sometimes losing aggression on a player when they activate a console
- Fixed progress bar in crafting menu not playing at a consistent speed for players with different framerates
- Fixed wolves not being able to climb onto the bottom platform of the V22 helipad
- Fixed some cases where the camera transition could fail when leaving buildings as a ghost
And that’s all folks! Remember to join our discord (www.projectwinter.gg) for any help with issues, or to join the community :)
-The Project Winter Team