September's update is live! Let's take a look at what's new:
The newest Standard course to recieve an overhaul is the Pirate course, now named Cutlass Cove:
"Tales of a great treasure buried in the sands of Cutlass Cove have lured many pirates to this lonely island. Will you be able to conquer 18 holes to find the lost riches?"
There are a few big new features that I want to take the time to highlight:
Liven up your course with some ambient sound effects!
You can now select ambient sounds to play on your course from the Environment window. Currently there are only a few to choose from, but more will be added with each new content update and course overhaul.
Individually Style your greens!
You can now style individual pieces of the green through the Properties window or context menu. I also added a new Sand green style, which has little bounce and quickly slows down your ball.
Trigger events from Behavior Sequences!
The new Trigger Event behavior was added so that you can now trigger events from your Behavior Sequences. This opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for making complex behaviors.
Next month's update will be the Halloween update, with all new Halloween content, a new 18-hole course, and several new power-ups (some of which I was hoping to get done for this update, but unfortunately I ran out of time). I think it's going to be a really fun update!
Changelog - 2019.9.0
- Ambient sound effects can now bed added to courses in the Environment window.
- Added a few new objects to the Pirate content.
- Reworked some parts of the Course Creator UI.
- Green styles can now be set on individual green pieces.
- Added new Sand green style.
- Added camera collision so that camera mostly no longer clips into objects.
- Added new behavior - Trigger Event, which allows you to trigger an event from a behavior sequence.
- Added option to set Trigger Limit on events.
- Added option to set Delay on events.
- Events can now be triggered on round change in the hole events.
- Added Start Looping and Stop Looping actions to events.
- Event list items can now be minimized by clicking on the header
- Added Absolute and Relative position modes to Path and Move to Position behaviors.
- Box select is now based on the center of objects rather than their origin.
- Operation being undone or redone is now shown as a toolip on the undo/redo buttons.
- Improved loading so that the game does not completely freeze for an extended period of time when loading courses.
- Added buttons to edit hole info and hole events to the bottom transform options bar.
- Increased the pitch range of the game camera slightly.
- Slightly improved look of green textures by adding a specular map.
- Slightly modified shot power curve.
- Fixed dragging a window sometimes moving selected objects
- Fixed balls sometimes being set as out of bounds when coming out of a pipe exit that is out of bounds.
- Fixed trees not behaving correctly when using random rotation and random scale.
- Water no longer blocks object selection.
- Fixed Wrapped Move to Rotation not working correctly.
- Power-Ups are no longer enabled on holes not being played.
- Fixed pipe exit speed sometimes being inconsistent.
- Fixed color picker not updating the color graphic correctly when opening.