Find yourself masterfully juggling different, and most likely opposing, interests; welcome to the world of domestic politics on a global geopolitical scale. Strategically deep, the Cold War represents the best of what can be achieved in this cloak and dagger world and one we seek to capture in Terminal Conflict.
Enter the domestic Interests, five different gauges representing five keys societal groups within your nation. The rules are straightforward, yet challenging: keep them all far from having their interest depleted or maxed out. Should that fail, each time an interest gets to max level or is depleted, you continue to spiral further into a crisis; potentially reaching your ultimate defeat, or your ultimate salvation, nothing less!
Improved Domestic Interests Chains
The first time you heard anything was a cold October day, and you set yourself on the road back from your datcha. As the General Secretary of the mighty Soviet Union, you have steered the country smoothly into a transformation since you took power but for one issue. Having depleted all the domestic Finance influence, you have a feeling that the USSR is on the edge. Mid-week reports never carry good news.
Barely back in Moscow, the Politburo urgently sends word. We can rely on some of the other interests for support, but tapping into another one, we must avoid cornering ourselves into a full-fledged breakdown. The first option is out, as we don't want to save us from the ashes of Finance to jump into the fire of the People, so the Elites will have to make some sacrifices.
By the second time you deplete Finance's influence, the discontent rises, the difficulty does too. Ultimately demanding bigger and bigger sacrifices, how much more are you willing to risk? It depends on what the revolution is worth to you!
As the final showdown looks now imminent…
By now, it is time to choose allegiance comrade! Considering what you need the most, internally and outside the borders of the mighty USSR. As the final showdown looms there is a 50% chance of you losing the game with each choice. After all the Cold War goes on while you fight domestic discontentment and with you out of power surely the others don't stand a chance...
Yet, with your guiding hand, hopefully, everything will turn out alright...
Leif 'Greatexperiment' Miler and Alfred 'Zeress' Frendo-Cumbo
I) NEW tutorials are in productions and the official MANUAL is soon going into print! Halls are busy in Washington and Moscow!
II) KIM IL-SUNG: A Communist Ideologue and Supreme Leader will rise to power like the living Sun to establish a People's Republic like never seen before and the first Communist dynasty. Or will his life be cut short and his reign curtailed by US regional power? The rise of North Korea is in full production.
III) RED SCARE: Joseph McCarthy starts his investigations. What will he find and how will that shape the future of the United States?
- Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes activate a leader action when none needed to
- Fixed an exception given when the AI incorrectly used a Leader for attack
- Fixed an issue being caused when AI leader was defeated
- The AI will be more strategic when assessing invasions in non-focus theaters
- AI now can hire a leader if he is needed even if that puts its interest dangerously low
- Leader presence is factored in into turn calculation
- Fixed an issue where CARRIER FLEETS did not correctly display their Air Superiority ability
- Fixed an issue that was causing a soft lock for the China Card
- Added Warzone declaration sound effect to Percentage Agreement for setting the warzone in Greece
- Restored animation to play properly when Army Commands battle Leaders
- Fixed an issue where Disembark was not working as designed
- Leaders will now properly wage defensive combat against Disembarking Army Commands
- Fixed an issue where Army Commands in Combat would sometimes end up being displayed incorrectly
- Updated wording of Disarm tooltip
- Fixed an issue where no Warning sound would be played despite the Warning showing for Interests Mismanagement
- Updated wording of Interests Mismanagement
- Fixed the coloring of Interests Mismanagement
- Hollywood Investigation 3 can no longer be selected in timeline 1
- Added base decisions for Chiang Kai-shek to SCN 10
- Updated The Red Dragon Rising 200905 to display for ALL, instead of just the USSR to allow an explanation to the US as to what is happening in China
- Corrected triggers for a Luxurious Exile for Idi Amin
- Updated North American People Interests decision chain and victory conditions fixing some text and typos
- USA People Crisis activated and added to SCN 10
- Updated Egg Fried Rice Triggers
- The Red Dragon Rising/Red Dragon Dance focuses do not appear if there is PEACE in all of Mainland China
- Shortened the description for 'Bulwark against the Bourgeoise'
- Fixed 'Constant Vigilance' having the wrong trigger
- Interest Mismanagement decisions set to PerTurn
- Fixed triggers for Of Rubles and Revolt and Eastern Europe Finance Interests starter decisions
- Fixed order of GameOver flag sets to be at the end, rather than at the start
- Eastern Europe Elites interests rebalance and corrected triggers
- Corrected several typos