We’re back with a new update, we’re continuing along the lines of our recent set of community feedback. The star of this update is AI, which got a fair share of love.
Bots are now smarter and have learned to focus on the Boss’ healing outlets (Jack’s MULEs, Olaf’s Ice-Cream Cones etc) and have also learned to play a better support role. Bots will now come to your aid when they have Ressurect equipped and will also abstain from using lives from the Viking Life Pool if a Human Player is downed. This and various other tweaks promise to make Bots much more helpful. We’re still working on making them use their Shield properly.
Balancing has been and is constantly in our focus. Various Boss and Viking tweaks have been implemented (see them listed below). and Bosses should be slightly less punishing now, even more so now that Viking Bots do a much better job of keeping Boss healing in check.
Oh, and we have over 150 new icons for all the various customization items!
That being said, we hope you are enjoying your time in Bossgard and remember to keep the feedback coming, it’s our Early Access lifeblood.
See you in-game! Bossgard awaits!
Snail, on behalf of the Sand Sailors
Ice-cold patchnotes here:
- Bots can now resurrect fallen teammates;
- Viking bots will now attack healing devices/minions of the bosses;
- Fixed the viking bots to use correct range values when activating Shield and Berserk rage abilities near teammates;
- Bots will not trigger hero abilities anymore while their rage abilities are active;
- Ranged bots shouldn't get stuck anymore, while performing their heavy attacks;
- Dead bots wait longer for dead non-AI players to repawn, before triggering their own respawn;
- Jackhammer bot will now attempt to heal himself by chasing the heal barrels spawned by his heal minions;
-Fixed Jackhammer's heal barrels getting stuck on the edge of the arena
-Fixed Shield aura not working unless first hit
-Fixed D-pad not working in Lobby for some controllers
-Fixed multiple cosmetic items of the same category being overlapped
-Fixed Asha's turret attacking dead targets
-Fixed Custom Game Mode allowing players to disable all owned characters
-Improved cosmetic item preview when opening a Loot chest
-Healing minions and totems are now customizable
150+ new items icons for the Customization menus