- Fixed sandbox bug not properly distributing drone skills.
- Fixed cutoff text on item descriptions in market display.
- Adjusted code that deal with faction drops for NPC kills.
- Fixed energy recharge exploit when swapping ships.
- Fixed HSE gamemode undock bug clearing of sector.
- Fixed 2 character limit prefab id in item editor.
- Fixed 0 price sell order bug.
- Fixed mouseover bg sizing bug.
- Fixed engine color bug panel bug overlapping.
- Fixed mis-aligned texture on large adamyte rocks.
- Adjusted mission generator to prevent recovering ammo.
- Adjusted the item Mouseovers to include the item state.
- Adjusted formation code to make the mercs behave.
- Adjusted overall light generation for sectors in sandbox.
- Adjusted the new campaign, sandbox, saves with db file.
- Adjusted the markets to allow for buy / sell of special items.
- Adjusted station merc panel position to allow for easy access.
- Adjusted layout and colors of BUY and SELL item windows.
- Added input fields for QTY in station markets.
- Added new special items database file to player save folders.
- Added new special items generator to raider loot drops.
- Added new special_items.txt for modding special item drops.
- Added Active modules to special raider loot drops.
- Added Passive modules to special raider loot drops.
- Added hotkeys '[' and ']' to control game speed.
- Added notifications for gamespeed hotkeys.
The main gist of this update is the addition of the new special items. Veterans of the original Astrox HSE will remember the Rare, Epic, and Artifact items. All game modes will provide this new feature. The game will automatically adjust any existing saved games so that the new items will appear.
Currently, you CAN sell these items on the market, and you can REBUY them, but the markets will NOT generate special items. Missions however will. You may find yourself facing a tough choice over failing a mission to keep the transport item.
Here is how the generation is currently working. There is a 20% chance that a raider will attempt to drop a special item. If this attempt is successful, the new file located in the objects folder (special_items.txt) will be used to determine if and what type of special item will be dropped.
There are 2 types of special items at this point. The Active modules, and the Passive modules. Active modules make use of the LUCK variable in the special_items.txt file. Each Active module has 7 attributes that can be modified. The LUCK factor will determine how many of these attributes will receive a boost. Artifact items will have a much higher chance of boosting multiple attributes, where Rare items will be lucky to have more than 1 boosted attribute.
Colors are currently unused, but will so color the text of these special items wherever they are displayed.