Lil bit of a number jump (from r5.24.2 that was originally intended as the release) because we found some extra bugs to squish! ^^
- Improved AI pathfinding; They should no longer spin and get stuck in places and instead react and run from player properly. They should also recognize trees better and behave more smartly when running away from player.
- Improved raycasting to fix issues where wrong objects were hit when trying to interact with things.
- Changed unfollowed crew to return to camp instead of docks.
- Fixed issue with swimming causing mismatching results in actors and AI.
- Fixed occlusion culling issue with Sinnae’s act and The Cotton Ball.
- Fixed props not getting turned off when changing characters in Showroom.
- Fixed issue with Character Creator not being interactable with if player selected Create a New Character from new game menu.
- Fixed unfollowed crew still attempting to spawn act ghosts.
- NEW Options menu - Fully customizable graphics options, act filtering, and gui text size and speed in conversations. Some other gameplay options are also customizable, but those will be expanded further in the future.
- NEW Crew saving - When you capture a prey you can recruit them to crew by looking towards them (See on screen tips!). When you load game, your follower is loaded in with you, and all the other crew members are loaded into a camp near Kirhaal. Maximum number of recruited crew members is 3, but you can have one non-crew follower that is also saved when exiting/saving/loading the game.
- NEW Bosun, the second main crew member that’ll stick around with you long term. Also like Cabin Paw, he will eventually be sexable. Unlike Cabin Paw, he is huge though!
- NEW Map and handling of map - Map is pannable, and certain rumors appear on map as “hot spots”, and location names are automatically translated on mouse hover. Currently working as a “toggle”; You press M and it opens, and press M again to close it. While map is open, player can’t move (at least for now, we’ll still explore if holding map key instead of pressing would open some kind of simpler map that you could keep open while running)
- NEW Added a playable default male character with vagina (Erri) to cover all four combinations of bodies and genitalia.
- Optimized Kirhaal further when the city is viewed from a distance; Besides general level of detail meshes, it also replaces the houses with “billboards” at long distances.
- Optimized orange forest vegetation further.
- Adjusted swimming particle opacity so that they aren’t so obscuring.
- Added a way to leave the mansion with carefully placed rocks.
- Added override text to Character Creator to guide player to finish up the first page before trying to continue customizing the character itself.
- Added version number to main menu and to bug reports (No more unmarked bug reports from 2 year old builds that still circulate in the internet for some reason…)
- Added some extra lines for Cabin Paw to give hint of the Bosun and the crew camp’s location to player.
- Added more hotkey customization options to the keybinding customization in launcher.
- Changed all vegetation to use mip maps and adjusted maximum texture size of pretty much everything to optimize GPU memory usage better.
- Changed Character Creator and Showroom buttons to use same button elements as Options Menu for consistency of GUI elements.
- Changed default swimming sound volume to half of what it was before (half of what it was originally before it was already halved once).
- Fixed New Game -> New Character process taking to character selector instead of taking directly to creation of new character.
- Fixed elusive color picker.
- Fixed spooked prey being unable to evade trees if further away from player when using lower quality settings.
- Fixed swimming camera being too over eager when going for a swim in the river.
- Fixed spawners occasionally spawning characters underground because of an Unity bug where Unity doesn’t respect navmesh areas when baking height mesh for navigation, by literally cutting water triangles from under the terrain so that Unity couldn’t force the navigation bugs in.
- Fixed some causes of prey spinning in place instead of running away when scared (doesn’t necessarily fix it completely, but improves it).
- Fixed ancient bug of genitalia check going haywire if “slot 1” in animation accepted both penis and vagina having characters in it.
- Fixed ESC menu opening over interaction overlay (showing both at the same time).
- Fixed character file loading speeds.
- Fixed some issues in initiating acts while follower is swimming.
- Fixed a freak bug where act ghosts appeared with characters in act.
- Fixed acts occasionally not appearing around the area where the player is looking at.
- Fixed position, rotation, and location manually of all the few thousand acts on Skiia.
- Fixed some uneven navigation surface issues on Kirhaal docks.
- Fixed some Showroom POV issues when changing acts.
- Fixed Kess not accepting rumor about the orange forest.
- Fixed Pail giving wrong directions to Cotton Ball.
- Fixed ESC menu button sounds in Character Creator.
- Fixed “current character hat” appearing in Character Picker in Main Menu.