Tonight's patch brings some changes to the way workers function in Harvested along with a handful of bug fixes. Some of these changes are improvements to worker AI, some changes were made to better balance the game, a large optimization was put in place, and some changes to worker behavior were made to better reflect what the game has grown into.
As always, check it out and let us know what you think!
- Workers will no longer have a maximum search radius. They will find the nearest resource regardless of how far it is from their home resource hub. (Maybe this should be a setting?)
- Workers now seek the resource closest to them, rather than the resource closest to their resource hub.
- Workers now gather at a slower rate.
- Worker target selection has been greatly optimized.
- Food is awarded from resources at a slower rate.
- Farms grow twice as fast.
- When workers walk away from a resource it is freed up for other workers to target.
- Lumberjack sounds no longer play when they are far from the player.
- Fixed issue where construction workers chose a very strange order to construct buildings.
- Fixed bug where the game could remain paused when trying to exit the pause menu.
- Fixed issue where artwork and text for upgraded structures did not load correctly when loading the game.
- Fixed issue where the player would have to load a level twice if they were coming from a different map than they were loading.