Prestige cards are here! Prestige cards are full-art versions of the cards with gold borders and a premium look. Prestige cards appear in card packs and can also be crafted, but they’re rarer than the regular versions of the cards and cost more essence to craft. We’ve also added thirteen new cards to the core set; check out Xelhua The Builder’s effects on artifacts or The Oak of Dodona’s grim foretellings.
Features & Bug Fixes* Prestige cards
- Prestige cards are full art versions of regular cards
- Each card in a pack has a chance to be upgraded to a prestige card with higher rarities having a higher chance to be upgraded
- Prestige cards can be crafted from scratch using essence
- Existing non-prestige cards can be upgraded to prestige using mythril
- Prestige card text will auto-hide when not in focus (prestige card text can be forced ON with an option in the Game settings menu)
- When a prestige card is acquired decks containing the non-prestige version of the card will be automatically updated with the prestige version (this can be disabled with an option in the Game settings menu)
- Prestige cards will randomly show up as draft options (probability is dependant on the number of that prestige card in your collection)
- Added ‘prestige’ as a card filter term
- Future work: We will eventually have a collapsed view mode for both the collection and deck views where all versions of a card are collapsed into a single entry
- New cards: Barbed Arrows, Cognate of Eratos, Fossegrim, Canine Cavalry, Pseudonomicon, Salt the Fields, Scourge of Serpents, Serapis False Apostle, Spirit Stones, Stab Crab, Tangleskein, The Oak of Dodona, and Xelhua the Builder
- Added portraits
- Approximately 70 of the minions now have spoken lines on entry. One (Sweet Spinnerette) has a spoken line on death.
- Fixed inconsistent card burning on mobile devices
- Improved hit detection for cards in hand
- Added matchmaking bias against a rematch against the same player (1v1 modes only)
- Matchmaker now adds a bias to players using featured decks to leave some breathing room for early players to queue with self-brewed decks
- Improved visibility of action highlights for artifacts
- Clipping/tapping on match id in the escape menu copies it to your clipboard (native clients only)
- Path art now selectable as deck art
- Card Layout section added to in-game guide
- Added play time to player profile
- Added tooltips to Maat, Kismet, and Favorite Card in player profile
- Fixed a bug where banishing a minion while zoomed into both that minion and the lane enchantment that it occupies could leave the enchantment “stuck” on the screen
- Fixed bug where music volume was incorrectly boosted after finishing a match
- Fixed a bug where unzooming the graveyard while a card is being returned from the graveyard to your hand could cause that card to become “invisible”
- Fixed a bug where a zoomed card could become “stuck” when interrupted by a targeted effect
- Fixed ‘find player’ issue where exact name matches were not given priority to be in the returned results
- Fixed issue where invalid deck names were allowed on deck import
- Fixed long player names peeking out into the Vs intro screen on certain resolutions.
- Fixed misaligned hit boxes for tab buttons
- Fixed a draw-ordering bug between marquee text (targeting instructions) and lane enchantments
- Fixed a bug where minions with rush would briefly display the double action icon at the start of their first turn in play
- Fixed a bug where a minion with Re:Spawn on Orpheum of Horrors does not trigger the Orpheum when it dies (this should also fix similar interactions between Re:Spawn and Compulsory Curse, Misfortune, Vengeful Heirloom, Vulcan Brand, and Yana Virus)
- Fixed a bug where casting Wake the Bones quickly after an attack that would put the only valid target of the spell into the boneyard would prevent the player from casting spells for the rest of the game session
- Fixed a bug where minions going to the boneyard while affected by War Fan would erroneously lose their mana cost reduction
- Fixed a bug in abilities ordering where stealing a Bela, Witch Queen with Traitorous Murmur that would cause Bela’s energy to be one less than expected
- Fixed a bug where activating Ghūl’s boneyard banish ability from the middle lane in 2v2 at the same time as your partner performing an action preventing the ability from resolving would cause the selected card to become “stuck”
- Fixed a bug where casting Feng Shui Master on Root of the World could result in the Feng Shui Master not getting Root of the World’s activated ability
- Fixed a bug where Xerxian Saboteur could miss damaging some artifacts
- The replacement prompt when casting Pillage with all artifact slots already filled is no longer cancellable
- Reveal hand abilities (Mind Freak, Vodnik Informant, Lore Broker) now properly update the card tracker
- Mind Freak now properly shows the abilities of revealed cards with Stealth
- Card tracker now properly updates when a Stealth minion is revealed while in play
- Crafting mode now automatically changes to essence when last wild card is used
Known Issues* The Block feature on the Social panel is NYI
- Guilds are NYI
- A new bug prevents you from selecting revealed cards in your opponent’s hand - this will get fixed next patch
Paths & Powers/Tuning
- ... or~~ pay 1 life and~~ Divination 2 your own.
Taking a swing against the whole ‘life costs on powers’ pattern.
- Once per turn, banish the bottom card of your boneyard and pay 1 life to…
See above; life cost, begone!
- Your minions have Life Tap and 'Demise: Draw a card' until
your next turn→ end of turn
- ABILITY COST:
- Deal 1 damage to
your opponent→ each opponent
Obviously this only matters in 2v2, but giving the intentionally weak spirits a limited context within which to be stronger has interesting implications for them and Melinoë.
- Mutation outputs adjusted to include some more negative outputs, (like Splicing Lab has) and jackpot into some of the stronger ability combos less frequently.
Pretty self-explanatory, but basically it should be a little less consistent.
- Awaken: Gain
4 life→ 3 life
- [Demise]:~~ If your opponent has 6 or more life, deals 3 damage to them~~ → All players discard cards at random until they have five or less cards in hand
[i]Rare and Mythic slots often represent opportunities to define or respond to play patterns within a set. It’s okay to be flavorful and on-theme without impacting the meta, but here’s an opportunity to leverage a slot against a pattern like hoarding draws.
It’s possible that the randomness will turn out to be problematic, but we’re interested in seeing how this effect impacts the game while still in Alpha.[/i]
Deal 2 damage to a minion. If that minion survives, return this to your hand→ Give an enemy minion Fragile 3 and ‘Demise: Deal 3 damage to its controller and return Misfortune from the boneyard to its owner's hand’
Another example of a somewhat loosely flavor-first mechanic that wasn’t really justifying its slotting within the set.
- → Lurker
Root of the World
- Occupying minion has ‘
(0): Place this minion…’ → (1)
After you play a spell, shuffle it into your deck→ After you play a spell, return it to your hand with Ephemeral [Demise]: Shuffle this into your deck→ After your opponent plays a spell, shuffle this into its owner’s deck
Internally, she’s been the subject of countless debates and design discussions; at the end of the day, the desire for a Recursionist that’s more playable in a wider range of situations has won out, but I just use this space to pour one out for all the insane plays and infinite loops.
Deal 6 damage to all
your opponent’s → enemy artifacts