We've been working hard on fixing bugs and we hope this hotfix release will bring a more stable experience to the battlefields of Onward.
In the next hotfix (v1.6.8) we'll see the long awaited maps coming back to Onward as well as some huge RAM/memory gains! We expect the improvements to reduce RAM usage on each map by roughly 3-4 GBs.
Also as a sign of good faith to our competitive community, future updates/patches will only be released on Wednesdays (unless an urgent fix is needed). That way we can react quickly to any issues introduced so weekend matches can go smoothly.
- Performed various optimizations and fixes to several maps.
- Fixed explosions killing players out of range.
- Rebalanced the MP5 by decreasing its recoil.
- Fixed molotovs hitting invisible walls.
- Fixed syringes not working on bleeding players.
- Holsters now hold the proper number of shotgun shells.
- Optimized away large performance drops immediately after loading a new map and smaller performance drops when spawning from the tent.
- Renamed “Uplink Assault” to simply “Assault”.
- Adjusted the descriptions of Uplink and Assault to be more informative to new players.
- Fixed the VIP’s game freezing when playing competitive Escort mode.
- Fixed Escort modes not properly ending and awarding the defending team when the round time limit expires.
- Changed multiplayer playlist percentages to be based on actual player count instead of lobby count.
- Made the sky texture in the Snowy main menu look consistent for both eyes.
- Grabbing helmets in the tent is now more consistent with grabbing other objects in the game.
- Moved the helmets on the loadout table closer to the center of the table.
- Fix players being inaudible over the radio if they disconnect from an Assault match and reconnect while it is in progress.
- Fixed a strange black square appearing on the tablet map after the player is downed.
- Moved “CORE” above “CO-OP” on the playlist menu.