With this new Release Candidate, you no longer need to switch to a branch to play the full version. This version is available for every Early Access player by default.
We'll be fixing small things here and there up until the official release date, but at this point the game is fully playable from the beginning to end. There are over 10 different endings in the game, though, so if you happen to stumble across something we have overlooked, just let us know on the forum.
The intro has new areas and an additional layer of polish.
5 benches and cinematic camera angles at the Port of Palms.
All house connections in the desert and snow biomes are functional.
Catodon Sands polish: more decorations & beach houses refined.
Two new altars to reduce the amount of backtracking.
Thanks SplatterCat for the great video coverage on YouTube! We've smoothed out that fatal section of the town well for a more pleasant gameplay experience.
Greetings for the merchants.
Various wolf-related problems fixed. Special thanks to Robocrat on the forums for helping us track down this and many other gameplay bugs!
- The right stick on the gamepad uses analog controller input.
- All remaining desert wilderness houses connected to interiors.
- All remaining snow wilderness houses connected to interiors.
- "Storage area" set dressing for Port of Palms.
- New encounters.
- Many more place names on the map to help with player orientation.
- Character markers move on the map.
- Freja marker on the map.
- Increased Merchant melee strike damage from 250 -> 500.
- Fixed a bug where icons for the shared item slots were incorrectly displayed.
- Prettier and more playable stairs for desert houses.
- Added more decorations around desert houses.
- More variation to Goblin Corpse loot: LOOT_FOOD_GOBLIN, LOOT_HEARTTENDER_SPARSE, LOOT_RANGED_EXTRA_GENERATED, LOOT_GOBLINCORPSE_MELEE_EXTRA_GENERATED.
- Father Bunion's notice on the St Fry's Mission door.
- Added custom texture and inventory icons for Contracts.
- Higher fidelity Abbot Cotton 3d model.
- Abbot Cotton camera behavior polished.
- Damage effects for books, papers and letters polished.
- More accurate collision shape for WallRockLarge.
- Fixed a data bug with Shield_TownGuardBroken_Base.
- Letter template destruction bug fixed.
- Grave01 doesn't need WaveAnimationComponent.
- Snowman destruction improved.
- Jerome's apple sacks don't float in the air.
- Every time the player collapses, play a sound of drowning, and revive him after the text sequence.
- Playing the flute badly has a fixed duration.
- Fixed a flute bug.
- New gameplay area next to Beholder Road to fill in empty space.
- Tomb_02_PhysicsShape is more accurate so the player character doesn't intersect with it.
- Smaller ground normal angle for Elder villagers so they don't go in weird angles when walking on objects.
- Fixed a bug where you could enter the Fortuna well riding Freja and bad things would happen.
- All interactions that are not allowed while riding are now designated FocusOnly, to avoid bugs where secondary interactions that are never supposed to happen become available.
- Outline shader and SSS fade out properly with screen transitions.
- Fixed a bug where the transition to main menu from the ending could get stuck if audio didn't work correctly.
- Optimization: Tent02_Sultan_Fabric, Tent03_Sultan_Fabric, Hat_MertuskSailor and Pouch_WagonRider_BarrysField were never hidden.
- Town of Fortuna market area set dressing.
- Aligned Town of Fortuna house entrances exactly to ground level.
- Fixed a bug where greetings from templates could be overridden by empty greetings from the generator.
- Fixed bugs in the 12-hour clock formatting: there's no 0 in the 12-hour clock, and midnight should read 12 a.m., not 12 p.m., and vice versa at noon.
- Fixed a bug where you could teleport with a mount, including indoors where the game would crash.
[spoiler] A new clue for the elves in Port Pulgar.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Talking guard in front of Queen's tower to give a hint it's gonna be accessible later on.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Text for the guard patrolling near Maude's Graveyard.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] More explicit text for the Great Heart in the dream, and in the Tender Heart item description, telling players to eat hearts to gain strength.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added "in the well" to intro Text Sequence with the Witch to provide more guidance.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added custom texture for Tanya's outfit so she stands out from the basic villagers. Made her look a bit more like Ingrid and also added nun hood and gloves to make her outfit suit the climate better.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Made Elena's outfit in Town of Fortuna stand out more from the villagers. Her hairstyle is a bit different in Snow Peak.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Isidor greetings changed to fartext so it's easier to notice them.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Isolde's talking head label is a bit lower. Added tall candles on the tables so Ingolf's head and the mask plans are possible to see during the night.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Menhir Hill fox far text. Fixed the label that was in front of the face.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Ending wolf label height improved.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] The Great Heart dream is the first dream you see, because if it is the second one, it can be as far as 20-25 minutes away.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Guildmaster infinite dialogue loop fixed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Fixed a bug where Elena wouldn't correctly advance her dialogue after relocating to Snow Peak.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Port Pulgar Barracks exterior entrance was a bit too high.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Fixed Praakh's floating purse.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Ring_MerchantLucas_PlayerSize_Spawner glitch fixed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Standing Lucas variant has the handgun in hand so the animations work correctly.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Names for the Knights of Clover in the intro funeral scene.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added a plank that connects the funeral scene to the rest of the intro.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Fixed a hole in Samarkand wall that allowed player to walk out of the level.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Fixed a bug where you would get the Baron's mask without bringing Ingrid the Baron's head.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Ulf's first camera has predefined player position, after that player is free to place themselves where they want.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Burning Merchant Otto combat behavior is more predictable to prevent glitches.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added accurate collision shape for carriable Guildmaster and the carry position is more accurate.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Faster way to carry the Guildmaster.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Two additional chairs in Limbo Guild interior.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Made the floating version of King's Bezoar not dynamic because it sometimes has physics issues and could sink 10 meters underground. Moved the player spawn point 20 cm further from the pool so player's head doesn't intersect with the stone.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Northern Hero armor, Sir Kuolema armor and Guildmaster armor marked as unique.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added "Area_FrozenLake_ReviveAfterDrowning" to fix player sleeping bug when exiting a certain house in Dhulac Pillars.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added MerchantBlueCorpse_Generated behind the Hunter's Hut.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] You use an interaction to wake the Guildmaster up. This way the animation agrees better with the dialogue.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Added Skeleton Champion next to the dead Goblin King.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Changed "Hard Ogre's heart" to "Hard Ogre Heart" in some imp dialogue.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Prevented the Mirror Shield from breaking.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Edited dialogue for Boris the Boar.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] New dialogue for Gus in the tavern, where he kicks you out of the Grimaldi Ring if you completed the Pachyderm Post quest.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] New transformation for Gus in the cellar, where he kicks you out of the Grimaldi Ring if Praakh gets killed in the rowboat.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Ivan doesn't report Praakh's fate before Praakh actually leaves in the rowboat.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Improved the understandability of breathing at the flute altar in the Elven Citadel.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Made the animal party louder.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Monk's Key opens the St Fortuna's Rest cellar door.[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Fixed a bug at least Elena and Linus didn't correctly disappear from the Town of Fortuna after save game migration.[/spoiler]
Enjoy the release!
Timo & Kimmo