It is finally time to release what we have been working on for so long! This update is a big milestone in what we hope Scram can become, and we are super excited to share it with you all! The most important thing is the announcement of the big SCRAM overhaul and our future plans.
Now, before we get into all the good stuff, we have made huge changes to our itemstore, with better descriptions, names, and most importantly, more fair prices. We have also reduced all of our DLC prices with 50%, and will have a 25% discount from tomorrow until monday next week.
First of all, we have decided that we no longer wanna be known, or considered, a troll game. We have overhauled our entire team internally, removed some people who were not a great fit for us, and have now gathered a dedicated team, who all have one goal in common: making scram great.
Second, we have removed any and all offensive / borderline content from the game, which means all the nazi / christian / terrorist stuff have been removed. It was "fun" as a small trolly game, but now that we're growing and our playerbase is constantly growing, we cannot have that in the game.
Third: the steam workshop! Yes, you heard right. We haveintegrated the steam workshop as part of the game with this update, and you can now create, publish, download and play any map that are uploaded on the workshop - and we are planning on expanding this support to even more things in the near future, including game modes, items, skins, weapons and much more!
Now that we have all of the major changes announced, we also have some smaller, but nonetheless important changes, that have or will lay the groundwork for future updates:
1. Added chat commands for server owners, such as /kick and /mute.
2. We will add back voice chat very soon, because we feel it's pretty darn awesome.
3. We have added global moderators along with a special color for developers.
4. Reworked the in-game inventory system to be more user-friendly and clean.
5. We have decided to remove official support for MacOS and Windows 32-bit systems, because we cannot promise that they work - not to say that they won't, but we just can't promise it.
_We have also fixed a large variety of bugs that can't fit inside of this announcement. Please also note that we have created an EULA, which you must agree with in order to play SCRAM_
Now that you know all about the brand new update (which is actually playable right now!), we wanna talk about the future of SCRAM. Here are the things we are working on for the next update:
1. We wanna add a few more game modes along with improving the ones we already have. We have an active community over on Discord, where you can give us feedback too!
2. We are gonna add a level system that resets every month, giving the top players rewards in the form of skins and other nice perks. We hope that this will add a competetive progression feeling to the game. You rank up by playing games and having good scores (high K/D and such).
3. Add more support for the steam workshop, as stated above, to grow our community even more.
That is it for today! We hope you enjoy the update, and thanks a lot for reading. Until next time!
// YOUR SCRAM DEVELOPMENT TEAM.
Join our discord community here: https://discord.gg/2bhmwJ7