Hello, Hola, Cześć and Merhaba everyone!
The first major update for Barotrauma, with easier server hosting and a number of other improvements, as well as new languages, is now live. Find the changelog in full here, also included in the game folder in a file called "changelog.txt". Here’s a summary of the update:
- New server hosting method that no longer requires manual port forwarding
- Click “Host” in-game to host a server through SteamP2P.
- Can also join servers through Friends list.
- Please note that hosting through DedicatedServer.exe will still use the old method of hosting and as such requires manual port forwarding.
Optional griefing moderation tools (i.e. Karma)
New Traitor system (feature framework, more content to be added later)
Fixed issues (The most vexing ones! See all in the changelog):
- Noticeable movement stuttering and low fps
- Game crashes on start because of a missing DLL
- Issues with picking up dropped items
- Items cannot be combined in multiplayer
- Combining items inside a Deconstructor crashes the game
- Game crashes when refreshing server list multiple times before the list finishes loading
- New audio compressor and voice chat attenuation
- A new stock sub
- Modular decorative sub part sprite pack
- New items
You can also read more about the update in this earlier blog post.
Please note that the networking changes in this update will make the game incompatible with servers running on the old version of the game. In other words, server hosts, be sure to update so that others can join your server!
We hope this update solves a lot of the problems our players have run into since our launch. Let us know how we did!
P.S. The update is coupled with a Daily Deal for 25% off.