Update #172 comes roaring out of atmo and into full orbit with a new ship and big community requested improvements to the Talent Manifest. A big thanks to everyone who is posting feedback, suggestions and bugs. This update includes a bundle of changes requested by different players all using the Talent Manifest -- straight from the community boards to you!
We're hammering through preparation to crack open the next phase of the development roadmap, the v2.6.x family. Another big Era is coming, and this update includes a lot of internal prep for the next Era, which we're on the brink of releasing.
Now, on to the exciting new stuff!
The Thulun starports have produced a new heavily armored freighter that uses fighters primarily for defense -- the Skylift Carrier. It is well equipped to protect crew and cargo and its design prefers armor and speed over shielding and agility. It features an oversized Warhammer Void Engine more commonly used in battleships. The Skylift is a secure cargo hauler's dream ship. It's a beast of a carrier boasting 12 small, 10 medium and 6 large slots.
Oh, it also has a passenger cabin :)
First, we've enabled collapsible sections throughout the Talent Manifest which was needed as we've loaded 5 more major groups into it. You can now quickly browse the major sections, and view the groups you want.
There are even more sections coming, but with this update we've added a new "After Landing" section that covers Talents like Listening Post and Generous in Service. We've also added an entire group for "Contacts" which includes Talents that reveal traits, discount services, ranks, introductions and the rest. To test the groupings, we've added a section to cover the 3 core types of Orbital Ops -- Blockading, Patrolling and Spying. If these are found helpful by the community, we'll add Salvage, Black Market and Exploring as well to round out the set.
So far, we're still keeping Crew and Ship Combat Talents out of it. Those will need to be visible in their own blocks and also visible in the Ship Encounter screen, so they are coming soon as well.
We've also fixed an issue that was causing xeno battles encountered through Missions to be incorrectly underscored for Unlocks, Awards and for your Captain's Score. This is now resolved!
v2.5.79 - 8/10/2019
- Added SkyLift Carrier new massive carrier at 8000M class, 5 Craft and 7 Officer
- Unlock Skylift Carrier with the "Adventurer" Award
- Talent Manifest sections can now be toggled open/close to enable longer list of talent groups
- Added new section to Talent Manifest for all "Contacts" Talents including discounts to rank, edict, permits, introductions and Trait reveals
- Added new section to Talent Manifest for all "After Landing" Talents including Generous in Service, Listening Post, etc
- Added new section to Talent Manifest for 3 orbital ops -- Blockading, Patrolling, Spying -- with all active and passive Talent types
- Separated "Makeshift Repairs" (wilderness landing repairs) and "Port Maintenance" (urban landing repairs) in Talent Manifest
- Aded Electronics Tech "Alert Scanner" Talent to the "Travel and Hyperwarp" group in Talent Manifest
- Fixed miscounted Talents in the Black Market trades over $5,000 category in Talent Manifest
- Fixed scoring issue with xeno missions not properly counting xeno battles