New language support, large-scale sound change, new background elements, new content and, of course, new bug fixes. Long story short, we've prepared a lot of new things in this update!
Chinese language support
We've received dozens of messages, that were asking us about adding Chinese support to the game. We've been working on it for the past two weeks, and now we are finally ready to say: Palmyra is available in Chinese language. We hope, that you'll enjoy the results of our work. If you find any errors related to this translation, please send us message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sounds and music
We worked hard on improving the overall sound quality of the game and now almost every room in the building has its sounds changed:
• A huge number of audio files have been changed to sound more organically: tense moments now have a louder sounds and background sounds became quieter. Due to these changes, we are recommending you to go into the game settings and re-select a volume that will be the most appropriate for you.
• Some of background sounds have ended too unexpectedly. Now they begin and end more smoothly.
• Some of the sounds, that can be heard when the main door closes, had problem with speed of transition. Now we've added the pause between the sounds, which is more consistent with the movements of principal.
• Previously, the first sound of the wind in the game started to play too sharply. Now it sounds more natural.
• There were too many sounds during the chase. We've removed the observer's breathing sound to avoid possible cacophony.
• Sounds of the chase now will be quieter after an observer strikes you.
• The sound of the car engine at the beginning of the game has been replaced by a more suitable one.
• The sound of taking aqua regia has been added to the game. Sound of event, that starts after that, has been delayed.
• Some of the cabinet doors in the kitchen made no sound. Fixed.
• The sound of the toy car has been replaced by a more suitable one.
• Positions of the mice sounds have been changed to a more logical ones.
• The sound of taking a valve has been added to the game.
• Now working shower also has its sound.
We are constantly working on the atmosphere of the shelter. In order to make it more intense, we added a number of subtle, but very important elements:
• Broken glass has been added in some rooms of the building.
• Dust is now crumbling from the ceiling onto the stairwell.
• Ventilation has been added to the archive.
• A clock has been added to the meeting room.
• Now you can hear barking outside one of the windows.
• You also can hear a cricket outside the other window.
• The radiator now raises more dust into the air when it falls.
• A fan has been added to the teacher's room.
• Shadows of the mixer in the medical room now looks more natural.
• The cabinet in the first-aid post has been moved slightly away from the wall to more closely match the logic of the room.
• Ghosts of children now look more blurry and supernatural.
• Unnecessary latches were removed from the game.
• The door to the new room has been open. You can find it next to the classrooms.
• An achievement related to the new room has been added to the Steam.
• The method of loading the basement data has been changed in order to increase the loading speed and optimization.
• Previously, if you do not pick up a map and notes from the basement in the first half of the game, but do it in the second half, you can fall through the floor while climbing the stairs. Fixed.
• The middle button previously may have been used to zoom in. Now this feature has been disabled.
• An event with a cage in children's rooms could repeat after loading from checkpoint. Fixed.
• Some interactive objects were not outlined. Fixed.
• Previously, notebooks in the classroom could spawn inside the table. Fixed.
• Previously, bottles in the medical center has been poured past the mixer. Fixed.
• Collision has been removed from paper on the floor.
• A collision has been added to the pipes in the basement.
• One of the candles near the boiler hung in the air. We brought it back to the ground.