Release notes here.
A smaller one, while we get a lot of work done on the new tutorial framework. But still some exciting fixes, and other tweaks.
- Hacking no longer freezes flagships in place, and doesn't have bugs related to canceling hacks anymore, and also shows a message explaining why your flagships can't leave that planet.
- Forcefields no longer cause ships to get stuck against them.
- Officer fleets with Arks and Golems are no longer going to be QUITE so late-game, aka not right to an AI homeworld.
- The whole "ship caps changing as you change them between different fleets" thing is no longer a worry. Wow that was confusing.
- Some other clarity things relating to swapping ships between fleets have been added, such as showing the ship counts in the interface.
- Plus fixed a kind of sideways way you could get multiple copies of the same ship line in one fleet, thus causing manyproblems.
- Mercenary Flagships got radar dampening, making them way more likely to live!
- Transports that you give an attack order to (for purposes of the ships coming out of them) will no longer wander off to the southwest.
- If the game has an exception on startup, it should always now show you rather than sometimes just seeming like loading xml assets was hung.
- A LOT of work has been done on the new tutorials framework, but it's not ready yet. I'm really hoping that we start getting some player-made tutorials in there as I flesh out the framework more, incidentally. Some of them can be more scenario-like kind of like a "can you even win this" sort of "tutorial" if you want to. ;)
More to come soon. Enjoy!
Problem With The Latest Build?
If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.
The Usual Reminders
Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.
Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn't have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.