We just uploaded a new patch correcting many of the issues reported by players. Keep in mind that you might need to restart Steam for the client to search for updates.
Remember to leave a positive rating on Steam if you're enjoying the game. That'd help A LOT a small studio like ours.
All the changes are listed below, but you can check the status of all the reports on our public trello board. We use it to track every bug report.
You can expect more patches as we fix and polish things based on player reports. Don't forget we also have a Discord server in case you want to join us there as well.
Technical mumbo jumbo:
We used this patch to update the version of ink we had in the project. Updating middleware is always tricky and delicate, but we realized the version we were using would get in the way of certain tweaks and fixes we were making for the game.
So we spent a good chunk of our time today implementing the new version and polishing rough edges. This should help those having issues with save files from pre-release versions and make it easier for us to fix some bugs reported by users.
- Updated Inkle plugin (now using the last version).
- Corrected map enter/exit triggers.
- Reviewed Hoyt's NPC spawners.
- Books should now be added to your inventory (just like newspapers) after inspecting them.
- Players will no longer wake after 1 PM (even if you stay up late).
- Directions to reach the hospital have been included on Doris' first event (as well as its journal).
- Fixed a bug on Thomas' routine.
- Myles and Giles should no longer overlap during their routines.
- Interacting with a corpe on day 9 should now add a new entry to the journal.
- Lucas will no longer leave the shop on his default routine.
- Thomas will stay closer to his shop before heading home.
- Lloyd will either be at his shop or at The Orchard during his default routine.
- Dana can now be found at her mansion as soon as day 8 starts.
- Juliet now spends more time in the park during her events.
- Fixed some minor visual glitches.
We hope you are enjoying the game. We'll have more upgrades very soon.