Build 76 adds new content and makes many usability changes to both desktop and VR play modes.
- Starter parts
- Steering column parts
Common Features and Improvements:
- Shop lighting updated, now brighter overall
- Trash: Parts fill up the bin until destroyed using the context menu or exiting the game.
- Trash: Parts can be retrieved from the bin by grabbing or using context menu on bin.
- Body panels: Implement cosmetic wear based on race time.
- Body panels: Implement latches. Must unlatch (by grabbing) to remove panels.
- Torque Wrenches: Improve logic for setting torque limit.
- Auto fastener: Improve visual, audible, and haptic feedback.
- Condense & colorize part info summary for targeted part.
- Remove blaster from tool list.
- Add context menu functionality. (see below for details)
- Add auto fastener functionality. (through context menu) - Add part info summary to a heads up display.
- Wrenches: Can be stabilized to prevent detachment by placing palm of the open hand on the back. A blue orb will appear while the wrench is being stabilized.
- Small parts magnet: Consolidates parts by type in a row on the back of the wrist.
- Small parts magnet: Magnet beam increases in size over time.
- One click/click and hold wrench turning: With a ratchet equipped, use left mouse to start/stop fastening or unfastening a fastener. Wrenches will continue to torque until they reach the set torque level or the player stops the action.
- Auto pumping: Grabbing a bottle oil pump will automatically pump it. Also while holding a pumpable bottle, holding "R" will pump it.
- Previous manual methods are available through options in the settings app.
- Purchase Replacement and Shop Catalog hotkeys work on a held part.
- Add small parts magnet functionality to get parts into pocket storage. (see below for details)
- Added Vsync option to settings which is enabled by default
- Fixed bug in desktop mode causing input lockup when bringing up context menu while using object rotation.
- Fixed bug in Race Monitor app when switching apps that would block player input and not allow the player to continue.
- Fixed bug preventing Texture Quality setting from being applied properly on game load.
- Fixed bugs with auto fastener audio.
- Auto fastener correctly handles the transmission bellhousing bolts.
- Ratchets correctly ignores torque limiter when unfastening.
- Fixed minor bugs in how parts highlight.
VR Context Menu Details:
How to use:
- Point grab laser at a target
- Hold A on Rift / down on Vive (menu will pop up)
- Point at an action selection
- Release to take selected action on target (or cancel) - Context menu can also be used on the currently held part.
Pressing trigger will activate the most recently used action on the current target or held object (unique per hand).
Desktop Small Parts Magnet Controls: [/b]
- Z (quick press w/ held part): Store part
- Z (quick press w/ target): Store target
- Z (quick press w/o target): Unstore most recent stored type
- Z (hold): Enable magnet - Z (hold) + LMB: Unstore all stored parts
- Z (2 sec hold) + LMB: Unstore and shotgun all stored parts
- Z (hold) + MWheel: Cycle stored parts (also disables magnet)