The full 0.11 version is now live! It features quite a few changes based on feedback I've received.
I've added two tutorials - camera movement and a type of "getting started" city building tutorial. Both are fairly basic, but should help getting players going.
Additional information can be found in the campaign and the more in-depth economy management stuff is found in the econopedia (pretty much how everything is tied together).
There will be additional tutorials later on, and the existing ones will be polished if necessary.
I've added a few more control options; First of all, default zoom. The camera in Atmocity has an off center pivot point when zoomed out. You can now set this to where you want it. Setting it too max will set the camera "off-pivot" and at min, it's centered. When it's centered, essentially the camera doesn't shift position at all when you rotate. There's also an "Allow tilt" option. Allowing tilt is basically "the old camera", disabling this means that the camera will not rotate sideways when rotating. Overall this means the camera is more stable, but it does require use of either Q or E at times, to manually tilt the camera, and the use of H to reorient the camera. See more in the notes below.
Upkeep has been adjusted further. There will likely be a need for further adjustments, but likely also on revenue. Systems balancing will be rather tricky, since almost all values in Atmocity are variable - residential buildings have variable tax revenues depending on wage levels, which depend on, among other things, unemployment, which depends on labour demand, which depends on the global economy and so on. However, if you do find that upkeep costs seem very off at some point and you are losing a lot of money, for information it is good if you also check wage levels in the city stats panel, and the state of the global economy in the economy panel. The wage levels are divided into the three labour skill categories and adapt instantly to change, in other words, they are not lagged behind. Once unemployment goes down, wage levels improves. Lagging this variable is a future project. :)
- Mixed tier small residential and commercial buildings added.
- Default zoom added in options.
Changes to underlying systems:
- Wage setting adjusted.
- Tax revenue for commercial zones and industrial zones increased.
- Tax revenue from property tax lowered slightly.
General bugs and glitches fixed
- Issue with small tier residential and commercial buildings being available in
too early in campaign fixed.
- Hotfix accidentally broke exit button in menu (d'oh!) by obscuring it with a collider - Fixed!
Changes based on player feedback:
- Camera movement tutorial added.
- Basic build tutorial added.
- Practice build tutorial added.
- Camera lock tilt option added. This makes the camera more stable when rotating (midmouse button and moving), by not allowing the camera to tilt.
This means Q and E need to be used for tilting instead. Slight tilting still occurs at more extreme rotation to allow the camera to do full spherical movement.
- Building info panel closes when placing buildings.
- Additional upkeep adjustments to early game utilities and building materials.
- Global economy panel locked below campaign level 6. Global economy system locked in campaign level 1-5: Essentially a constant boom economy.