This has our second iteration on the Video RAM (VRAM) detection fix. Now the game displays tooltip warnings if you are choose a quality level that may crash the game, but you can go ahead and choose it anyways. And if the game crashes during launch, please launch it again and the game will reset the quality level to a safe setting so it won't crash. (At least, not for that reason.)
Comments on Known Issues:
- The game crashes during launch on certain very old CPUs -- this started with the Sunday patch, v1.0e. We've identified the cause (these older CPUs lack a certain capability, but the game should tolerate that, and for some reason doesn't now) but have not figured out how to fix it yet.
- Wolf is invisible or a thin black strand: We've gotten many reports on this, and they all are from computers that are below the minimum hardware spec -- most likely the wolf model uses some techniques that those computers cannot render. The "No Fur" option might help but probably won't. Sorry about that.
Possibly Fixed (but unsure because we could not reproduce them):
- My wolf can't stand up after sleeping.
- Some visual artifacts in shadows.
- Display resolution pulldown doesn't list any other resolution options. '
- When loading a saved game, title music keeps playing after other music begins.
- Wolf won't stop panting.
- Fixed various gaps in terrain and floating creeks.
- Lamar River is invisible in Basic graphics mode.
- Lamar River audio doesn't respect game audio settings.
- Hunger meter does not deplete.
- Biting a stranger wolf turns it into a prospective mate.
- Wolf head doesn't go down when sleeping.
- Various bugs with map custom markers.
- Lack of sunlight if you select Good or higher quality level and Basic graphics mode in title scene, then load Amethyst map.
- Wolf eye color customization doesn't work in Basic graphics mode.
- Meat chunks disappear/go underground sometimes. (May still need some fine-tuning, so bug reports are welcome on it.)
- Dispersals are frozen when trying to engage in courtship.
- Prey can go beyond the borders of the map -- they shouldn't, and that's fixed now but note that competitors are allowed beyond the world walls.
- Various issues with prey going into areas they should not go into. (Should fix bugs with animals flying and getting stuck running in circles.)
- Cougar behavioral problems.
- Other various minor bugs and errors.
- Grizzly sows with cubs are now roaming the map!
- Reduced the number of ravens at carcass.
- Added inputs -- the 7 and 8 keys -- for camera zoom in and out.
- Removed a lot of unnecessary badwords from filter.
- Tweaks to animal slope-sliding behaviors.
- Added a camera icon to indicate when you are in Photo Mode (Shift-P to enter and exit Photo Mode)
- A few more Tutorial Tips.
- Added a basic Game Help popup window (currently merely a link to Knowledge Base).
- Hiding Credits button in game Pause menu until we add those there (you can see them in main menu > About).