Dear goats around the world,
We are publishing our first big goatdate (update) today! We are introducing several changes, fixes, features, and tweaks to Goat of Duty, including a new map for you to goat around. Many of these additions are a direct answer to your feedback on both Discord and Steam, so we have to thank you all for being part of such a crazy community, and to contribute to the present and future of Goat of Duty.
Here's everything you can find in our biggest Goatdate yet:
- A completely new map: Slaughter! A claustrophobic, gory location where bloodthirsty goats fight against each other for supremacy.
- Kills feed: Now you can see who killed you and with which weapon. Now you can avenge your fallen goatself!
- You can now propose a team swap with F1. If an enemy goat presses F1 within 15 secs, you will both change teams, TRAITOR.
- Improved performance on all maps, including FPS stability.
- Gameplay balance tweaks:
- Improved quality of life and usability of the lobby. Now it will be more fun to goat around before matches!
- Improved goatstume screen in lobby. You can read now the name of the highlighted costume. Information is power.
- Highlight on-fire player in scoreboard. You can now track down that son of a goat and end their streak.
- Level design tweaks on Future Farm: Less camping on top of the tower, more goat-to-goat close action
- Small tweakings on Fus Arena levels, design and level-wise. Goatimizing is our area of expertise.
- Default quality settings reduced to accommodate lower-tier PCs. You can now play with wooden computers (not really)
- Improved lighting on all maps. Goats are more glorious than ever before (Did we do this joke already?)
- You cannot swap savings now, cheeky cheater.
- Added some sound effects on UI events. Epic.
- Additional minor improvements and tweaks. No time to explain them here.
- Fixed the MAX FPS issue. You can now play at unlimited FPS. FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
- Fix ragdoll jumpad replication states to improve jumpings, which are extremely important for goats.
- Random crash fix on goatnado. No more ragenados.
- Crash fix when joining a match while a player ended a killstreak.
- Achievement "Stealth as a goat" fixed. Now it triggers properly. We suggest unlocking this Achievement with Solid Goat for +Style points.
- Fixed a bug where blood splats and corpse explosions did not occur properly. You can now enjoy the goriest goat-action without censorship.
- Fixed several Fus Ro Arena bugs. A programmer wanted to keep them in-game, but then he took an arrow to the knee.
- Fixes on Future Farm navigation + space optimization for goats. Don't try playing it as a human.
- Fixed a freeze issue when in "Training". No more stage fright.
- Fixed a bug where hosts could not see the VFX of the Fus Ro Beh of other bots and players. Do not stop Fur Ro Behing other goats, it's funny.
There are still several big updates coming your way in the next months with new content and features, including a brand-new game mode we cannot wait to reveal, so stay tuned and keep enjoying Goat of Duty with us!