A lot of bugfixes and tweaks to the AI and balance here we are with the first sizable update to the game outside the preview branch.
After the initial hotfixes that just helped make the game more stable, this one will make it feel different. The AI has regained its smarts and the enemy decks have been tweaked to be more even across the different factions, and also to ramp up more smoothly without punishing you too much (it's still a dangerous world) in map 1.
Thank you to everyone who played in the PREVIEW branch and helped me finetune this. Double thanks for those who filled out the form.
Speaking of: I'd still love to hear your feedback on the difficulty changes. So if you play, wether in PREVIEW or not, please do take some time to fill out the difficulty form. Your collective experience will help me make the game play even better in the future.
So now, with what feels like the first solid update out of the door, what's next?
I'm obviously not naive enough to think the game is now perfectly balanced so I'm planning to spend more time on this, which is why the form will be really helpful.
I've also already noted down a bunch of cards and effects that may be too strong (I'm looking at you Stim Set!) or too weak (Hello Sabotage), so if you have some thoughts, please let me know!
And in the meantime I will finally have to the time to look at some of the pesky bugs that have been popping up. A number of people have experienced the game soft-locking: It stops responding and no longer works as it should. Usually quitting and loading the game solves that issue so these bugs weren't super high priority right away, but they are too annoying to not take a closer look.
Then beyond those I'm looking at some quality of life improvements. Improved filter and sorting options in your follower screen for one. And I've also scoured the forums and my brain for more useful suggestions.
And beyond that, I'm already thinking about new content for the game, possibly some new cards and convoys? I'm not making any promises yet, the stability and quality of the game comes first since anything new will disrupt the status quo so I want to be careful.
But there's more to come! So thank you everyone for playing!
Also, here's the full changelog:
• AI evaluation bug fixed: Later moves in a sequence had inflated scores, making even bad moves look useful
• AI decision system improved and more responsive to prioritization and unit positioning
• AI is less allergic to having obstacles in the front column position
• Enemy AI cleverness is affected by level (Ai is worse on lower levels)
• Enemy levels on map 1 changed to 1-2 (was 1-3)
• Enemy levels on last map changed to 7-10 (was 7-9)
• Enemy levels on crypt map changed to 10-12 (was 9-10)
• Enemy decks adjusted to be easier on lower levels
• Scion Bloodhand deck adjusted: Fewer charge followers in early maps
• Scion High Priest deck adjusted: Only one Bodhisattva, no more danger of cycling them constantly
• Unconquered Ascetic: Lost Shielded keyword
• The Tireless changed to 4/3 (was 3/6)
• Mounting Pressure cost increased to 6 (was 5)
• Frazzle cost increased to 4 (was 3)
• Bold Strike cost increased to 4 (was 2)
• Shade cost increased to 3 (was 1)
• Reduced number of nodes in later maps slightly
• Reduced rest at initial crash site to 3 uses (was 5)
• Finally added rest options to the Crypt Gate (3 uses). You can now take a breather before diving in.
• Battery rewards reduced slightly across the board
• Improved visual quality of intro logos
• French translation updated
• Soothing Shadows no longer triggers on moved obstacles or constructs
• Coordinated swarm no longer triggers on dead drones moving and no longer hits dead targets
• Defy Death is depleted on trigger, not on turn start
• Hedgehog Drone is depleted on trigger, not on turn start
• Battery mutator no longer has second player start with 10 Energy
• Wounded followers on the enemy side now start with 1 damage
• Rest button no longer vanishes on 4K displays
• Restarting game after loading a game no longer throws save game error
• Crypt Knowledge follow up events can no show up in the Crypt (no stars crashed into the Crypt)
• Surrender events in combat are now properly loaded
• Various minor text and event issues fixed[/quote]