Another medium size update. Inventory system now should be much easier and more intuitive to use and also, we fixed many frequently occurred and critical bugs.
Also we want to express a huge gratitude to everyone who support us on Patreon! We just achieved a first Patreon goal, such support is really helpful and allows us to resolve financial things. Thanks you very much!
Currently we are working on a huge content and gameplay update which should be released approximately within the next month, before that we plan to release a smaller updates from time to time, similar to this one, with important fixes and core improvements.
- Cargo containers now divided on 2 types instead of 3 (for solid cargo and for liquid\gas cargo), type "for raw ore" is removed (all existed ore containers now may store any solid cargo). Solid container no longer can store liquids or gas. Some containers still may hold only 1 resource, but more effective which should be an interesting feature. Previous the system with containers was too non intuitive, now it should be much easier to use.
- Global inventory window now opens for all docked ships (also a window appears above command module, not in random position)
- Added possibility to drag resource icon from one global inventory window to another (also now it is possible to hold shift to specify transfer amount)
- Changed names and descriptions for all crew skills
- Prices of all modules recalculated and now equal to sum of prices of its crafting components
- Crew now may survive without life support modules much longer (solved a situation when entire crew died within seconds after life support module was removed)
- Reaction wheel removed from the game (because it does not suit a concept and ideology of the game, we want to use engines for ship rotation, engines have nice visual \ audio effects and can be destroyed in combat, engines it is realistic and important aspect of the game, while reaction wheel was a boring method of magical rotation which does not have any effects and can't be destroyed in combat since located inside the ship. Also, hardcore fuel economy should not be a main aspect of the game even in orbital mechanics game mode)
- Debris scanner removed from the game (because science data now collected from salvaging of command module debris from defeated enemies)
- Gas collector now shows correct warning in aero mode in case if it is located too far from the planet
- Module placement radius increased from 15 to 30 and now equal to move tool radius (solved issue with impossibility to place modules inside shipyard which located too far from the command module)
- Simplified recipe for Warp Drive 1
- Specific resources in other regions no longer includes basic resources (Iron, Carbon, Ice, it presents anyway) and no longer repeats
- Now it is guaranteed that adjacent locations via warp gate will contain silver and niobium which required for warp drive
- Fixed most bugs related to skills of command officers
- Fixed impossibility to activate move tool near NPC station after save load
- Fixed a bug when turrets in manual control mode was directed at some random point instead of cursor
- Middle mouse button click on module in build menu now works as intended
- Max range of large warp drive increased from 7000 to 15000 (earlier, in some cases it was unable to jump anywhere)
- Large warp drive now has proper collider on its ring
- No longer possible to move crew members from ship to the same ship
- No longer possible to move command officers and cargo via global inventory window from ship to another ship which are not docked together
- Engineering modules no longer will auto salvage turrets with weapons attached on it, now it will salvage weapon first
- Fixed incorrect list of required resources when you selected fuel generator after selection of production module
- Multiplayer: Fixed impossibility to take control over spawned ship for connected players
- Bug with duplication of every object after loading of game from existed world should be fixed (but not sure)
- When loading menu opened from in-game menu, the previous menu will we properly hidden
- New asteroids which spawned in replacement of destroyed one now have a proper spawn position (random altitude)
- Build menu with modules now properly rescaled and now usable on displays with 1366 resolution or lower.