That's right! If you want to play Waves 2 on Linux then now you can!
This is not emulation but a custom build. I've tested it on Ubuntu 18.04 and so long as you have the most recent proprietary graphics drivers for your hardware it should work fine.
There are however some known issues on Linux:
Known Issues (Linux)
- Circular Progress Bars are too thin.
- Supported resolutions aren't always accurate if you have multiple monitors.
As near as I can tell both of these are related to Linux drivers rather than the game itself.
That's not all!
This patch includes some fixes for Campaign mode plus a few additions to the Loadout Editor and a balance change to the Rush arcade mode.
- Added Random button to the Loadout Editor. This will create a Random Loadout and Build Order based on your current unlocked Items.
- Added Export button. Pressing this will copy a text code for the current loadout to the clipboard that you can share.
- Added Import button. Opens a screen where you can enter Loadout codes generated from the Export feature. You can only import loadouts you have the items unlocked for.
- Rush: AI now has one less Boss card to play preventing players racking up time forever.
- Fixed: Chassis Items weren't being unlocked correctly in Campaign.
- Fixed: Chassis Descriptions weren't formatted correctly.
- Fixed: Arena Derez animation correctly plays now.