NOTE: In order to update Hedon, you will have to perform a clean reinstall of the game. Saved games do not work across different versions (which is why auto-updating is turned off).
A new big update is here, bringing lots of improvements as well as the fresh Bearzerk difficulty - which radically changes Hedon's combat!
On top of this, Trading Cards, Badges, Emoticons and Backgrounds are finally here too!
Here's a quick overview of this update:
- Hedon now runs on a GZDoom 4.1.3 engine fork "hGZDoom" with few quality of life improvements and Hedon-specific setting menus (otherwise it's 99.999% GZDoom);
- New Bearzerk difficulty that removes access to guns and instead gives the player new melee weapons for the ultimate close combat challenge!
- Various map improvements and adjustments, including further optimization for Map10;
- Improved graphics, animations and sounds for all the weapons;
- New Quick Kick attack;
- New blood cloud gore effects and various other enemy improvements and changes.
See the full changelog here.
So what are you waiting for? Update, and get hacking and slashing!